Chelsea

utility73

While I was looking forward of what Sarri might be able to do with Chelsea I did not expect them to do so well so soon. If Chelsea manages to win this clash and continues like this the league might well turn out to be a threeway instead of just LIV vs City.

Morten

Sarri might not have won a trophy in his career and might not have managed a top club before Napoli, but he's transformed this Chelsea side into playing good football a way I've never seen Chelsea play before.

And they have Giroud/Morata as their striker lol.

Could be their downfall, surely they cant win the league with the lamp post upfront?

Leo_Messi

I watched (one of the only Chelsea games that I have seen this season mind you) them against City and suffice to say that this specific performance by Chelsea and Sarri (tactically speaking) was impressive. Since that result it has gone downhill for them.

However to be honest they don't even have, remotely speaking, the best squad out there. Man City, Liverpool and even Man Utd all have better squads on paper. Chelsea's best goalscorer (on paper) currently is Higuaín FFS.:lol:

Sarri being Sarri is not helping either. He has reportedly clashed with not only the team that he publicly threw under the bus (that usually does not end well for the manager) but Abramovich as well.

Anyway I don't dislike them as much as I used to do when our rivalry with them was at the highest (those two appalling semifinal games back in 2011-12 did not help either) and Chelsea is a nice area of London but I can't say that I am sad about their current situation.

Last edited:

Jenks

Higuaín better than Hazard? I don't think so. The problem with Sarri's system is that if you mark Jorginho out of the game then the whole thing falls apart.

Leo_Messi

Higuaín better than Hazard? I don't think so. The problem with Sarri's system is that if you mark Jorginho out of the game then the whole thing falls apart.

You are right. I was supposed to write goalscorer but I wrote "attacker". My fault. Obviously Hazard is lightyears ahead of the current version of Higuaín. Corrected. I have a day off today and I have written way too many posts as a consequence.:lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans