Chelsea

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Different burden of proof between a criminal court and an administrative hearing. 'Beyond all reasonable doubt' for the former vs. 'more likely than not' for the latter (more or less).

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Can somebody explain to me how a LEGAL COURT can declare you innocent but a nothing organisation like a football association can declare you guilty? It doesn't make sense. :lol:

I'm going let you into a secret a large majority of people don't know, so make sure to keep it hush hush. It's not the courts purpose to prove someone innocent, they only serve to prove that someone is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. It's like saying that the court OJ Simpson was found innocent in proved that he was in fact innocent, nope, we all know that he did it, but it couldn't be proved beyond reasonable doubt. Similar to John Terry, due to Ashley Cole's meddling he managed to ensure that there was a case of reasonable doubt introduced into the charge, even though John Terry's defence was the worst I have ever heard. "I was only repeating back what he called me!" :facepalm:

The FA doesn't use reasonable doubt though, it goes with balance of probability, and on the balance of probability John Terry is guilty. Even the judge during the court case said that on balance of probability John Terry was most likely guilty, but in court its beyond reasonable doubt, so he couldn't convict him.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Ashley Cole has hit back at an FA panel, seemingly calling them 'a bunch of twats', after it was claimed his evidence had been changed in the John Terry racism trial.

oh dear :rolleyes:

cdg783

he made a racist remark to anton ferdinand and cameras saw it without audio he was banned for 4 games by the fa

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Better than expected. I expected it to be more of a a transitional season, but at the same time the season is very young so we can't get ahead of ourselves. If we won the EPL I'd be over the moon. Playerwise I think we're doing pretty well. Defense is okay but at the same time I see them being exposed by better attacking sides(Falcao), and our next 2 games are at Tottenham then home to Man Utd that will be a good way to judge this team.

Ask me again after that and I shall give a more complete answer! :D

Jenks

None of those quotes actually mentioned any racial element to it. The Guardian are usually pretty reliable though, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was something to it.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Lol, another fucking bullshit referee performance. Sigh. Don't know why I bother to care about our matches against Man Utd, we either lose or get screwed out of it lol.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Lol, another fucking bullshit referee performance. Sigh. Don't know why I bother to care about our matches against Man Utd, we either lose or get screwed out of it lol.

Don't worry man, it'll be ages til you play them again, especially at Stamford Bridge.

oh wait next match is Wednesday.

Home of Barca Fans