Chelsea

F

Flavia

Depth in the squad is excellent in midfield and attack, only the defense lets the team down. But if they don't get injured we can beat anyone. Real's defense is as bad a ours and Bayern would struggle if they were missing key players like Schweinsteiger and Ribery just like we would. Bayerns defense would also struggle if they were missing Boetang and Dante.

Which team has a better midfield or Attack than us? Bayern? maybe, maybe not. Dortmund? Don't think so. Madrid? no way. United, Chelsea, City? Not even close. They all have better defenses than us except for Real but that is it, Madrid and the English sides will park the bus because they know they aren't as good. We have to improve some to beat the Germans but we have the time to do so.

I already see improvements to the defense from last season and expect us to be more solid as the season goes on.

Squad depth excellent in attack? No, it's not. Alexis, Pedro and Tello are not as good as they should. Midfield is also somewhat misleading in terms of depth. Xavi is not the same anymore, he needs to be rested more. Cesc is inconsistent. If Cesc manages to be more consistent this season it'll be huge, but that remains to be seen. Busquets's been struggling with a hernia too, can't forget that. But all that won't matter much with that defense. I can even be underestimating Barça, but you're also doing that with the oposition. rm's attack is pretty good, and their defense is also superior. So it's bayern's. It won't be long till we find out how good they can still do, as cl group this year is pretty tough.

ebc_99

You are massively overrating our midfield. Xavi Iniesta is not as dominating today and struggle against parked buses and physical teams. Our right wing(alexis) is not producing anything. Neymar is still integrating. Defence is a joke. Imagine we got a group like Arsenal. I would have shat my pants and scared of going out early.

You are underestimating it, other than Bayern who has a better midfield? I don't think anyone has. We struggle against parked buses but everyone does. We struggle against physical teams but United, Real, Chelsea, Dortmund and City struggle against technical skillful sides like ours. Alexis is doing no worse than any number of players right now so lets see how he does after Neymar and Messi have a run alongside him after all so far he has spent most of the time alongside Cesc and Pedro.

The defense is a big problem i agree with that, but we seem to improving on that a little so far as we have given away only a few chances in the 4 games we have played. Last year we gave away loads of chances. So lets see if we can keep it up.

You may shit your pants at the sight of Napoli and Dortmund but maybe you get scared easily I don't know, it is a difficult group but they would be a lot more scared of Barca than the other way around.

Squad depth excellent in attack? No, it's not. Alexis, Pedro and Tello are not as good as they should. Midfield is also somewhat misleading in terms of depth. Xavi is not the same anymore, he needs to be rested more. Cesc is inconsistent. If Cesc manages to be more consistent this season it'll be huge, but that remains to be seen. Busquets's been struggling with a hernia too, can't forget that. But all that won't matter much with that defense. I can even be underestimating Barça, but you're also doing that with the oposition. rm's attack is pretty good, and their defense is also superior. So it's bayern's. It won't be long till we find out how good they can still do, as cl group this year is pretty tough.

Who has a better strength and depth in attack? Chelsea started Torres last night that's how much depth they have, After Van Persie and Rooney Utd don't have great depth with Welbeck and Hernendez. City have Negredo, Aguero, Jovetic and Dzeko who are all good players but no superstar there. Real sold Higuin and have yet to replace him so they need another striker, if Benzema gets injured they are in trouble. Bale coming will help them but they don't need him and it may not work with him and Ronaldo in the same 11.

Dortmund have Lewandowski and Aubameyang but after that they struggle and Bayern have strength and depth throughout their squad but they will feel it if Ribery and Mandzukic were both out.

So who has better depth? Bayern? who else?

Xavi is getting rested he is not in the squad for Valencia. Cesc when played in his correct position is as consistent as anyone. Busquets will be fine and I don't think his hernia is a problem anymore .

I know that the opposition is tough but you are ignoring their problems and focusing on ours as if all the other teams are trouble free, they are not. Only Bayern can put up with a few injuries.

Our midfield is fantastic, sure Xavi needs rest but he is getting it this weekend, Iniesta has not played well yet but he will. Cesc when played in his correct position is world class and Busquets is the best in his position. There is no club not even Bayern who have 4 midfielders that good. Look at Utds midfield or Reals or Chelsea's they are not as good, Chelsea still have Lampard starting and he is older than Xavi but you don't mention that. Giggs still gets a game for Utd and he is near 40. Some people on this board do not know how good we have it right now.

Our forward line is young, Messi 26, Alexis 24, Pedro 26, Neymar and Tello 21. This is an attack for the future and Tata can improve them all but not by the end of August you have to allow him time to do it.

We may not win titles this season but we have a young squad who can challenge in the future, and we may yet reach a level of form that can take us to where we want to be this season we certainly have the players.

big_man

You are underestimating it, other than Bayern who has a better midfield? I don't think anyone has.

Mate, I wouldn't even say Bayern has a better midfield. The 7-0 result, though deserved, was in no way a representation of the two teams' midfield. That game was won largely on tactics. Their TEAM PLAY was miles ahead of Barca at the point they met. If their teamplay was 100% last season, Barca's was like 30%, it was a complete mismatch and that game emphasizes how important a coach is more than anything.

The loss to Bayern is not a representation of both midfields. Two of the most important goals in that tie came from a setpiece .You have to remember that same team also lost 2-0 to bloody Milan (and could have been more) around the same time.

K

kingleo

Wait till after the City vs Bayern game. . . . I saw Chelsea get torn apart by United just some days ago. Pelegrini knows his fate lies in getting out of the group stages and making a huge statement in Europe. . . . . Looking forward to the game.

What??? when did Chelsea get torn apart by United??? Chelsea were very comfortable for the entire match! that game could have gone on for another hour and United wouldn't have scored! Chelsea were poor in attack but very comfortable defensively.

Jenks

Lewis Baker. Does this with both feet. Get him in the first team.

:tito:

EILer.gif

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
1392978_10151749066008931_583588589_n.jpg

He's a Madridsta and has taken pictures with some of our lot. The perfect enemy for you Cules? :p

F

Flavia

1392978_10151749066008931_583588589_n.jpg

He's a Madridsta and has taken pictures with some of our lot. The perfect enemy for you Cules? :p
Not really... he's praised Messi more than once. "Messi is the best player I've seen in history. It is good for the sport, even as a rival, I enjoy watching him."

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah he's a good guy, some people don't like him for reasons to do with his personality but I don't see why.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I know when he was younger he was meant to be a young gun, but then he disappeared for a while and he's at Inter now, but how's Freddy Guarin? Chelsea are quite serious about buying him, already having had a 12m bid rejected and will be bidding 15m soon. United are also after him I heard, and maybe Liverpool.

B

beautifulgame

I would think Mourinho can make good use of him.

Strong, fast, with a good shot and can also be combative. Can touch the ball around as well as launch counter-attacks. Can shoot well with both feet and registers a good haul for a midfielder. Can take off and launch attacks with his runs as well. Him and Ramires make a hell of a well rounded and athletic pair of midfielders.

Home of Barca Fans