Chelsea

Ambrosia

It's unbelievable how in a case where the police decided there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute, the FA could somehow give out a 8 match ban to a player on a "his word v mine" evidence, but a 4 match ban to a player who the police, CPS felt had a strong enough case to bring to court and tv evidence of racial abuse taking place.

Ambrosia

That said, Suarez had terrible lawyers acting for him and had he been given a decent defence, he would probably have got the 4 match ban that Terry has been given.

Jenks

It's unbelievable how in a case where the police decided there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute, the FA could somehow give out a 8 match ban to a player on a "his word v mine" evidence, but a 4 match ban to a player who the police, CPS felt had a strong enough case to bring to court and tv evidence of racial abuse taking place.

The police never decided that there wasn't enough evidence in the Suarez case, the police were never involved in that. The only reason that the Terry case was taken to court was because a complaint was made by a member of the public. I don't think the FA would feel the need to protect Terry, he's no longer an England players and only days ago he was slamming them in the media, plus if they had the perfect excuse not to punish him in the form of the not guilty verdict he got at his trail. It's more likely that the crime just wasn't as severe and the one Suarez committed. Terry made use of a slur once, while Suarez was repeating it over and over again and telling Evra he doesn't talk to people (you can see him pinch Evra's arm on the replay as he says it) with his colour skin.

That said, Suarez had terrible lawyers acting for him and had he been given a decent defence, he would probably have got the 4 match ban that Terry has been given.

What's that based on?

Feels like the good ole days of Imperial England, not surprised by this at all

wtf :lol:

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So is JT officially a racist?

Father of the Year

article-1194446-0567C078000005DC-674_468x321.jpg

P

PhilS

So is JT officially a racist?

That is why he will appeal, so show he does not agree. Losing the appeal might add some games to the suspension.

Terry and Suarez both have been punished, but that does not mean there offenses were judged to be equal. The FA obviously thought that what Suarez said was worse. Plus, Suarez has bad behavior history - the cannibalism.

Ursegor

World Champion
Can somebody explain to me how a LEGAL COURT can declare you innocent but a nothing organisation like a football association can declare you guilty? It doesn't make sense. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans