Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea

I am Leg End
    Quote Originally Posted by Meitux View Post
    raul meireles to fenerbache?
    Chelsea want a more consistent performer there it seems. As I said when Meireles signed for Chelsea that whilst he is a damned good player he has consistency issues.

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Damn, he was awesome for Chelsea's CL win.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Mou, res!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianSwan View Post
    Everyone could tell what an abject performance it was from them, truth is Spain puts much more into the Europa league and the Super cup than PL teams do
    Oh please, not this crap again.
    Sergi Roberto No 2 fan

It's kinda true though, isn't it? Even teams like Villa were putting out reserve sides in the Europa league.

chelsea sells meireles loans essien and let their midfield depending on lampard and mikel

Mou, res!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    It's kinda true though, isn't it? Even teams like Villa were putting out reserve sides in the Europa league.
    Says much about their winning mentality and the lack of ambition. I don't think when they reach the knockout stages they fielded all of their reserves in the starting line up, eh? When Atletico Madrid won the Europa League on 2010 they beat Liverpool in the semis and Fulham in the final. So are you suggesting Liverpool and Fulham also played with their reserves and just conceded defeat?
    Sergi Roberto No 2 fan

You're not even a real journalism
    Everybody puts there reserves out, especially the Italians, English.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustari View Post
    Says much about their winning mentality and the lack of ambition.
    I think it says more about how the competition is viewed, rightly or wrongly, in the Premier League. At best it's an extra source of revenue, but I don't think many sides view it as having much prestige at all. It's really just a second rate Champions League.

BrianSwan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustari View Post
    Says much about their winning mentality and the lack of ambition. I don't think when they reach the knockout stages they fielded all of their reserves in the starting line up, eh? When Atletico Madrid won the Europa League on 2010 they beat Liverpool in the semis and Fulham in the final. So are you suggesting Liverpool and Fulham also played with their reserves and just conceded defeat?
    get real man, you think Man City couldn't win the Europa league if they really wanted to?

It's seen as a battle of the biggest loser in the UK sadly, most of the teams who qualify from here put more into the FA Cup. In Spain its the only trophy the likes of Atletico can win.

Scandinavian 101
    Which makes sense considering that Chelsea played with all their best players.
    This was also why United and City were horrible in the CL and got kicked out of the Europa Leauge last year, because as we all know that PL>FA Cup>Carling Cup>CL>Community Shield>European Super Cup>Europa League>La Liga.

Yes and no. English teams seem to use reserve sides only in the group stages. Once they reach the KO rounds, they take it seriously as seen with Liverpool, Man Utd and City

Blue Blooded Aussie
    Snoooooooooooooore.

xaviniesta
    Quote Originally Posted by Deco 20 View Post
    PL>FA Cup>Carling Cup>CL>Community Shield>European Super Cup>Europa League>La Liga.

Quote Originally Posted by Deco 20 View Post
    Which makes sense considering that Chelsea played with all their best players.
    Perhaps you should follow the conversation before replying next time. We were not talking about the Chelsea game.

mitkoa7x
    Competing in the EL and in La Liga makes spanish teams far more competitive than the overhyped EPL clubs.