Chelsea

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
No idea, Atletico probably don't want to pay our price, heard whispers they might just not bother yet. No concrete news on Costa tbh.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
No idea about that, haven't read anything of the sort, though I may have missed it. Well I did read he was pissed at Cesc but that's all.

BerkeleyBernie

After Batshuayi's gorgeous unstoppable own goal past Courtois to equalize, the Spaniards come back to win it for Chelsea (Alonso goal, Pedro assist).

:pedro: = gamechanger :cool:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
5 of Chelsea's starting XI against Everton were Spanish. Morata, Cesc, Alonso, Azpilicueta and Pedro. Lmao

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I really hate how this club love buying on deadline day.

Too much fucking around. I mean do they want the club to win the title again or not??

DHorozov

Just read that Barkley rejected Chelsea during taking the medical at Stamford Bridge after Everton and Chelsea already negotiated a deal ...

That is definitely a new level of trolling ... :lol:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
AFTER the medical, haha. Everything was agreed all he had to do was sign. Apparently he gonna decide what to do in January.

Well we got Drinkwater and a RWB, keeping Kenedy and Baba as backups for Alonso.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I don't get your transfer business Anton.

You replaced Matic with Bakayoko which could possibly be an upgrade but that is not a sure thing. You move out Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek and get in Drinkwater. Waste of money imo as Drinkwater has already reached his peak and those two already on your books would develop and be good back ups for Kante and Bakayoko, so I don't get it.

I don't understand wanting Barkley either as he is you already have superior players in his position. So for me your only good signing was Morata who is a very good striker but again he's not as good as Costa or your preferred target Lukaku.

So are you satisfied (I can't believe you are happy) with the business done?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Ask Marina and Emanelo, as Conte has fuck all control over transfers. It's absolutely ridiculous, Chelsea and whoever their manager is at the time get slammed like hell for their dodgy transfer business, but it's the transfer team's fault almost every damn time and they get 0 blame for it. Emanelo has needed to fuck off for a long time, but he's one of Roman's trusted men. I think almost every manager has had problems with Emanelo since he's been put in the position he is rn.

This is why managers struggle sometimes, transfer team just get who they want, if they even want to get any one? Pretty sure they are the ones who wanted Lukaku, Conte was always in for Morata so that's a win, as Lukaku isn't the right guy for our team. But yeah, tbh Bakayoko will be better than Matic in this system imo. Matic wasn't that good last year, he fits Mourinho teams better than Conte, he's not dynamic enough. Sure we dominated last year but Matic still looked a shadow of the guy who played for Mourinho before that horrid season. He's good in a very very particular system but seems to flounder when everything isn't suited to him. The stupid thing was selling him to fucking Mourinho of all people. What are the transfer team doing?

I understand letting certain people go but others are silly, like Chalobah in a way, but then he pushed to leave so we couldn't really stop him at his age, and we've at least put in buyback clauses. He would have been preferred over spending 35m on Drinkwater, that's for sure. A lot of the bad deals just don't smell of Conte at all.

Zappacosta is quite an interesting one, people are already calling him a panic buy but Conte knows him and from what I've read, there's a very reasonable chance he could be an upgrade on Moses. I read only Alex Sandro completed more accurate crosses in Serie A from Jan 16 til now, so with Morata being great at heading, we could be in for a bunch of headed goals.

All in all, I don't think our transfer business is as bad as some want to make out. Moving out good young players was silly, especially for Drinkwater, but at the end of the day the team isn't in bad shape. Is it better than last year? Only time will tell, but Rudiger looks like he can be pretty solid(esp as Cahill really isn't that good, shouldn't even be captain either tbh), Christensen needs to get more time as he's probably one of our 3 best defenders really, talent-wise, Zappacosta could surprise, Morata is good and Drinkwater, well, even though I don't like that he cost so much etc etc, at least he's the type of midfielder we needed, as Kante is better defensively, Bakayoko too but he makes great penetrating runs into opposition territory, which Cesc is useless at anything but playmaking, so having Danny who's more of an all rounder is actually helpful at least. Hopefully Musonda will get a bit of time as he's the immediate backup to Hazard/Pedro/Willian.

I wouldn't say I'm dissatisfied but I'm not really satisfied either. I think we can still win the title but it'll be a rough ride this season. Conte is gonna have to bring his A-game and Hazard will need to step up another level.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
www. goal .com/en-au/news/chelsea-did-just-about-enough-but-their-transfer-window-was-full-/1ow8xj6tz48nt10xy29j0sozv4

About damn time the spotlight went on them.

xXKonan

Zappacosta is an interesting choice.

Good at crossing,Hardworking and not too bad on the defensive end either. He was originally bought by Torino a couple of seasons ago as a replacement for Darmian who went to United. He could be Chelsea's right sided Alonso.

Home of Barca Fans