Chelsea

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If I had my way we'd sign Belotti, he's closest to a like for like replacement for Costa. But he's the least proven at top level and he costs the most, so that's a no go. I would like for us to get Morata as Auba costs the same amount and is what, 3 years older? Auba is at the bottom of my striker list.

At least Bakayoko is pretty much wrapped up. Alex Sandro, I dunno, I don't get the feeling we'll get him but we'll see. Rudiger is somebody we wanted to sign last year so we'll see where that goes, I guess they don't want to spend over 50m for 2 different defenders in both van Dijk and Alex Sandro.

I'm very curious about what they want to do about the attacking midfield position. We were loosely Linked with James but he's gone now, and Charly Musonda has been given a squad number, although most likely to fill the HG quota in the CL since Chalobah left on the cheap. We haven't really had any solid links with AMs, it's been all striker, striker, striker, Bakayoko, defenders, defenders.

I'm half worried, but at the same time there's time left.

Last edited:

Trickykid

[MENTION=1707]antonnn[/MENTION] what's the word on the street in regards to the your defensive setup? I'm guessing Luiz is the only sure starter, but considering Rüdigers transfer fee, he will probably lock down the second spot right? So Cahill, Zouma or Christensen for the last one, or is Azpiliqueta going to take up the 3rd spot?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Tbh the one who's spot is the safest is Azpilicueta, whether he gets shoved out to the right as wingback or the RCB spot, I'd say Rudiger would probably play LCB since he's actually played that before(plus Cahill is no spring chicken any more, I expect him to lose his place) and yeah, probably Luiz in the middle. Conte is pretty interested in seeing Christensen but I don't know how much of a chance he'll get as his best position is where Luiz plays.

Zouma is going out on loan to Stoke I believe.

Trickykid

Tbh the one who's spot is the safest is Azpilicueta, whether he gets shoved out to the right as wingback or the RCB spot, I'd say Rudiger would probably play LCB since he's actually played that before(plus Cahill is no spring chicken any more, I expect him to lose his place) and yeah, probably Luiz in the middle. Conte is pretty interested in seeing Christensen but I don't know how much of a chance he'll get as his best position is where Luiz plays.

Zouma is going out on loan to Stoke I believe.

Thanks man.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Good stuff, our window isn't looking too bad now that we have a striker and the Bakayoko deal finally went through.

Not really keen on us signing Danilo as I've heard he was garbage at Real. What kind of competition to Moses is he gonna supply, and for £30m too? Gee. And Alex Sandro is looking more like a no-go so they gonna need to look elsewhere soon.

Galning

Danilo would be a horrible signing especially for that price. He was pure and utter shite, just laughable for the last two seasons.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Not feeling very confident going into the season. Chelsea are dicking around too much, losing out to everyone for just about everyone. We've let too many go already to be still dicking around so close to the season. Sigh. With how it looks now a champions league place would be a good finish.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Don't forget his new contract wasn't an extension, it was just a pay rise, meaning the relationship between him and the club isn't amazing, not to mention how he took ages to sign the contract too.

I could see him walking out on the club if the season is going shit after x amount of time.

Jenks

There is a baffling lack of ambition with the English teams, they're so content with mediocrity. I can see why Conte is frustrated.

Jenks

On players that will at best see them keep pace with those around them, but gain ground on the elite? No chance.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
How worried I am about the upcoming season will be known at the end of the transfer window.

Judging by our second half performance yesterday, the players can put it together and score goals, I mean I know it was Burnley but we scored with 10 and then 9 men so the desire is there, everyone kinda just lost their heads after the official new captain gets sent off 13 minutes into his first PL match leading the team as so. Shit happens. *shrug* It's the first game, no need to make such a big fuss yet.

The key here is if we get reinforcements. I honestly think even if the next bunch of guys we get aren't big improvements or are just good backups, the team can still challenge. We need numbers more than anything, 3-4 guys, and I think Morata will do fine, he was 100000x better than Batsu when he came on. He should have been on at halftime really.

If we don't get the reinforcements or if they are below par, then it's time to worry.

Arkk

How worried I am about the upcoming season will be known at the end of the transfer window.

Judging by our second half performance yesterday, the players can put it together and score goals, I mean I know it was Burnley but we scored with 10 and then 9 men so the desire is there, everyone kinda just lost their heads after the official new captain gets sent off 13 minutes into his first PL match leading the team as so. Shit happens. *shrug* It's the first game, no need to make such a big fuss yet.

The key here is if we get reinforcements. I honestly think even if the next bunch of guys we get aren't big improvements or are just good backups, the team can still challenge. We need numbers more than anything, 3-4 guys, and I think Morata will do fine, he was 100000x better than Batsu when he came on. He should have been on at halftime really.

If we don't get the reinforcements or if they are below par, then it's time to worry.

I still think Chelsea will come good. whats going on with Costa though? will he be frozen out until Atleti's transfer ban is lifted? i could see you going for Griezmann in January

Home of Barca Fans