Tottenham Hotspur

FC433

Which position in their starting XI would you upgrade, though? As I see it, their starters are so good and gelled at this point that I don't see many readily attainable upgrades. I suppose you could argue that they need to replace a profile like Walker, but I've liked Trippier every time I've seen him, and it's a hard position to reinforce on this market.

Honestly, a quality striker to step in for Kane and perhaps a solid backup for one or two other positions is all they really need, I think.

Absolutely. The squad is quality; however, you can always upgrade. For example, a better holding midfielder, Seri? would be a great addition. A new winger since they do not have many of them. Mahrez/Lemar are good options, I think. Another striker, preferably an experienced one. A creative midfielder and definitely a third young centre back. Tottenham is a very attractive team and they can take the team to another level, which they should do.

Trickykid

Absolutely. The squad is quality; however, you can always upgrade. For example, a better holding midfielder, Seri? would be a great addition. A new winger since they do not have many of them. Mahrez/Lemar are good options, I think. Another striker, preferably an experienced one. A creative midfielder and definitely a third young centre back. Tottenham is a very attractive team and they can take the team to another level, which they should do.

I really wouldn't tamper much with that midfield. Wanyama, Dier, Dembele (whom I rate ridiculously highly on his day) and in front of them; Eriksen, Alli, Son (preferably Lamela, but his health seems up in the air) - who would you replace? Winks will need more minutes in central midfield as well, which the arrival of someone like Seri would make much harder. I don't like him, but there's also Sissoko to account for.

A young CB would be great, I completely agree there, but all in all it's just so hard to actually strengthen that staring XI, and aside from Walker, it looks like they will be able to retain the same team as last season, which is surprising to me.

FC433

I really wouldn't tamper much with that midfield. Wanyama, Dier, Dembele (whom I rate ridiculously highly on his day) and in front of them; Eriksen, Alli, Son (preferably Lamela, but his health seems up in the air) - who would you replace? Winks will need more minutes in central midfield as well, which the arrival of someone like Seri would make much harder. I don't like him, but there's also Sissoko to account for.

A young CB would be great, I completely agree there, but all in all it's just so hard to actually strengthen that staring XI, and aside from Walker, it looks like they will be able to retain the same team as last season, which is surprising to me.

They are great players, but if you want to win titles you need to bring better players.

For the GK position, they could get Rulli but I doubt he would accept being a second option.

For the RB position, Jonny Castro/ Sidibé/ Ricardo Pereira are great options.

For the CB position, Alderweireld and Vertonghen are great, but they do not have good third or fourth option. There are quality CBs, for example, Koulibaly and Laporte or young CBs who have the potential such as Lemos and Tah.

For the CDM/CM and because Tottenham play with two CDMs, Wanyama, Dembélé, and Dier are not enough and arguably you can get better. As I mentioned, Seri is a good option but there are other options: Jorginho/ Diawara/ Trigueros/ Weigl one of the best/ Fabinho not so easy to get but possible/ Goretzka/ and my favourite CDM N'Zonzi.

For the wing Williams and Keita Baldé are quality options and they also can play as a ST. Brandt is a very talented winger as well as Carlos Vela. Mahrez/ Lemar/ Insigne are definitely going to be a great addition, but they are not easy to get.

For the ST position, Falcao and Iago Aspas.

Trickykid

They are great players, but if you want to win titles you need to bring better players.

For the GK position, they could get Rulli but I doubt he would accept being a second option.

For the RB position, Jonny Castro/ Sidibé/ Ricardo Pereira are great options.

For the CB position, Alderweireld and Vertonghen are great, but they do not have good third or fourth option. There are quality CBs, for example, Koulibaly and Laporte or young CBs who have the potential such as Lemos and Tah.

For the CDM/CM and because Tottenham play with two CDMs, Wanyama, Dembélé, and Dier are not enough and arguably you can get better. As I mentioned, Seri is a good option but there are other options: Jorginho/ Diawara/ Trigueros/ Weigl one of the best/ Fabinho not so easy to get but possible/ Goretzka/ and my favourite CDM N'Zonzi.

For the wing Williams and Keita Baldé are quality options and they also can play as a ST. Brandt is a very talented winger as well as Carlos Vela. Mahrez/ Lemar/ Insigne are definitely going to be a great addition, but they are not easy to get.

For the ST position, Falcao and Iago Aspas.

Lots of great suggestions - especially N'Zonzi would fit like a glove, but many of them would expect a starting spot based both on merit and the fees they'd command. A few of them would most likely be a 1 to 1 upgrade, but is it worth tinkering with a (nearly) winning formula when you have a rare opportunity to live off of a rare spout of continuity?
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure it will be an actual upgrade to the squad as a whole to replace a perfect well functioning member with a slightly better new player who'd need to gel with the coach and team mates. Considering Levy's latest comments on the crazy fees flying around these days, I could see him laying relatively low on the market this summer and only really strengthen the width. Bet on this season to be the one and then go all in next summer, where we're probably going to see some activity amongst the likes of Eriksen, Alli, Kane etc anyhow...

FC433

Lots of great suggestions - especially N'Zonzi would fit like a glove, but many of them would expect a starting spot based both on merit and the fees they'd command. A few of them would most likely be a 1 to 1 upgrade, but is it worth tinkering with a (nearly) winning formula when you have a rare opportunity to live off of a rare spout of continuity?
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure it will be an actual upgrade to the squad as a whole to replace a perfect well functioning member with a slightly better new player who'd need to gel with the coach and team mates. Considering Levy's latest comments on the crazy fees flying around these days, I could see him laying relatively low on the market this summer and only really strengthen the width. Bet on this season to be the one and then go all in next summer, where we're probably going to see some activity amongst the likes of Eriksen, Alli, Kane etc anyhow...

I see. I do really love Tottenham and the way they play. Hopefully they can win something this coming season.

El Flaco

Spurs have beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge for the first time since February 10th 1990.

[tw]980488360782426114[/tw]

Morten

Poch may have done well with Spurs, but at the end of the day, they are still Spurs, still cant quite get there when it really matters.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
When my family exited our hotel in London today around noon, I saw two men wearing Hotspur tracksuit holding the door for us and one of them politely nodded at me with the letters MP printed on his right chest, I thought he looked familiar and it took me a minute to realize that was actually Pochettino. Once I realized that and dashed back to the hotel lobby he was nowhere to be found. So no autograph and selfie to prove it. That was my closest opportunity to fame to this day and I blew it. :facepalm:

I was wearing the red and blue Barca windrunner and I fantasized that he was acknowledging to me as a Barca Fan but he was probably just being nice and polite.

Devils

When my family exited our hotel in London today around noon, I saw two men wearing Hotspur tracksuit holding the door for us and one of them politely nodded at me with the letters MP printed on his right chest, I thought he looked familiar and it took me a minute to realize that was actually Pochettino. Once I realized that and dashed back to the hotel lobby he was nowhere to be found. So no autograph and selfie to prove it. That was my closest opportunity to fame to this day and I blew it. :facepalm:

I was wearing the red and blue Barca windrunner and I fantasized that he was acknowledging to me as a Barca Fan but he was probably just being nice and polite.

Why would Spurs players/manager be staying in a hotel in London? :thinking:

You sure you weren't daydreaming?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why would Spurs players/manager be staying in a hotel in London? :thinking:

You sure you weren't daydreaming?

I was wondering that myself, perhaps they all had to stay in a hotel the day before any game, whether it was in London or elsewhere? I am sure I wasn’t daydreaming because if I was I would probably be daydreaming of running into one of our players, haha

El Gato

Villarato!
Poch may have done well with Spurs, but at the end of the day, they are still Spurs, still cant quite get there when it really matters.

He's a strange breed of an architect. All the right ideas in tactics and personnel in the world, and fuckall to show for them. Loew managed to break through that barrier, but took him nearly a decade. Man is the Jerry Sloan of football.

Home of Barca Fans