Tottenham Hotspur

Chainsaw

Killahead
Daily Mail claiming that AVB did not approve of four of Tottenham's seven summer signings. The report says that Villas-Boas asked chairman Daniel Levy not to buy Erik Lamela, Nacer Chadli, Vlad Chiriches and Christian Eriksen, a quartet who cost the club £56 million. His judgement was overruled. The paper also claims that AVB asked Levy to sanction the purchases of Hulk, Joao Moutinho and David Villa as he planned for life without Gareth Bale, although none of that trio arrived at White Hart Lane. He also wanted Willian, who ended up signing for Chelsea.

That may justify why he kept locking Lamela to the bench, sometimes even to the stands.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I've read a variety of reports that a bunch of the signings weren't approved by AVB. I don't believe they are false, this is Levy we are talking about here. Roman is the same to an extent just not as bad in terms of how many players he decides to go for himself, the problem with him is that the ones he goes for cost an arm and a leg. 50m for Torres who was already on the way down, facepalm. I remember reading that AVB wanted Villa and Moutinho but nothing ever materialised from it other than the fact that there was some interest, Levy clearly didn't agree. Moutinho would have been awesome, Spuds missed out big time.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Chiriches was a strange purchase when they had a superior player in Steven Caulker.....but then duly sold him.

pEllee

Daily Mail claiming that AVB did not approve of four of Tottenham's seven summer signings. The report says that Villas-Boas asked chairman Daniel Levy not to buy Erik Lamela, Nacer Chadli, Vlad Chiriches and Christian Eriksen, a quartet who cost the club £56 million. His judgement was overruled. The paper also claims that AVB asked Levy to sanction the purchases of Hulk, Joao Moutinho and David Villa as he planned for life without Gareth Bale, although none of that trio arrived at White Hart Lane. He also wanted Willian, who ended up signing for Chelsea.

That may justify why he kept locking Lamela to the bench, sometimes even to the stands.

No, his shit performances justified the spot on the bench.

ceefoo

Tim Sherwood appointed Tottenham head-coach until end of 2014-15 season. :huhsign:

So Spurs now have a squad worth hundreds of millions of pounds, now being run by a coach with ZERO experience for the next 18 months. Genius Levy!:amazed:

xavisionary

Football hipsters want you to believe this is preposterous. Don't. It's the equivalent of the bloke in the pub being given the reins and loving every second of it. I know it's only Stoke, but Spurs murdered Stoke.

barcanuck

Baldini from Roma is also in charge of transfers, so clearly AVB was overruled on all fronts! Talk about freedom to manage. Sucks for AVB but he's got lots of time,

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
They are like that big turd you did that just won't flush down the toilet no matter how many attempted flushing attempts :D

Home of Barca Fans