Juventus

M

mitkoa7x

Juve's new away kit will be all black with a title bellow the badge, reading "30 Sul campo"

DucdeOrléans

Quality players. Meanwhile G and B failed miserably with intention to offload TS, if he is not leaving Milan this summer next year a certain. Gap between top italian sides will be evident next year.

But, but we got Acerbi, Kévin Constant and that 27 year old Bakaye Traoré guy from Nancy (his only fomer club was Amiens:lol:) nobody knows about not even in France!

And yeah, it's a same that the Gobbi's bought Giovinco back. Great little player. But he is a full-blooded Gobbi so not that surprising.:)

Sívori

But, but we got Acerbi, Kévin Constant and that 27 year old Bakaye Traoré guy from Nancy (his only fomer club was Amiens:lol:) nobody knows about not even in France!

And yeah, it's a same that the Gobbi's bought Giovinco back. Great little player. But he is a full-blooded Gobbi so not that surprising.:)
Don't forget don Silvio's heroic scuttering of the thiago silva->PSG deal at the eleventh hour as a gift to the tifosi. :lol:

XaviMessiGirl

Conte has been banned from football for 10 months for his involvement in Calcioscommesse scandal. Bonucci and Pepe were acquitted.

There were rumors circulating in the press a few days ago that if he were to be banned he would consider resigning completely, don't know if that will actually happen though.

M

mitkoa7x

Its sad news but if he is truly involved he deserves every second of it.

XaviMessiGirl

Siena (the club Conte coached at before Juve) was convicted for fixing matches while he was in charge, they were fined and will start the season on -6 points. He could have at least known what was going on, which is why his ban is for failing to report a potential fix to FIGC, rather than straight up sporting fraud.

To be fair though, the Italian sporting justice system is really messed up. It's pretty much "guilty until proven innocent" so if someone accuses you of something, if you can't prove it's NOT true then to FIGC it means you did it.

The reason Bonucci, Pepe and others were acquitted was because the person who accused them had contradictory statements which were thrown out, but I guess the same didn't happen to Conte.

M

mitkoa7x

Siena (the club Conte coached at before Juve) was convicted for fixing matches while he was in charge, they were fined and will start the season on -6 points. He could have at least known what was going on, which is why his ban is for failing to report a potential fix to FIGC, rather than straight up sporting fraud.

To be fair though, the Italian sporting justice system is really messed up. It's pretty much "guilty until proven innocent" so if someone accuses you of something, if you can't prove it's NOT true then to FIGC it means you did it.

The reason Bonucci, Pepe and others were acquitted was because the person who accused them had contradictory statements which were thrown out, but I guess the same didn't happen to Conte.

His guilt is not proven then?

XaviMessiGirl

His guilt is not proven then?

Based on what's been released to the public: they gave their verdict based on the accusations of one guy (a former player of Conte's at Siena) who was caught being involved with match fixing. He said that Conte told the team in the dressing room before a match that the result was already decided. The rest of the team denied that ever happened. For some reason - that I suppose the public doesn't know - this guy's accusations were still seen as credible.

So even though he was convicted I don't think we'll ever 100% know he definitely did something, unless more evidence is uncovered.

Also, his particular ban only applies to match days. In other words he can train the players, but can't be on the touchline or do press conferences before matches or anything like that. His assistant is also banned (8 months) so I'm not sure who will take over on match days.

Hatem Ben Arfa

how many players would rat on their former manager when it comes to a thing like Match Fixing though? It almost make them all complicit if they admit the manager told them this and they reported it to no one themselves and casts their credibility as players into doubt too. I know I would deny it too.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Match made in heaven, Juve only hires those who are involved and have intention of getting involved with crime. Those shirts will end up looking good with the entire staff behind bars.

Trickykid

Aren't Vucinic and Berbatov very much the same type of player? I would've thought that Juventus were after a true poacher.

Home of Barca Fans