Juventus

serghei

Aye. Can't beat them? Join them.

Guess we were recently running low on new mercenaries in the top-tier of football management.

I admit as a moderate fan of Sarri Juventus is a bit disappointing since they are not in his wheelhouse so to speak, but, ultimately, I want the best managers at the best teams.

Would've loved him at Barca. :(

ejuventus

Seriously...... how is my team seen from Barça fans' point of vieuw??

In what position would you place Juve in a ideal ranking between european teams??

KingLeo10

In what position would you place Juve in a ideal ranking between european teams??

In the mix with Bayern and Barca. After City and Liverpool at their best, simply because they have all time great managers.

Although I never trust City in Europe (or Barca these days under EV).

El Gato

Villarato!

You can't do a flat ranking. Depends on the question. What do you rank? In what time period? If we try to rank top sides in some vague terms of league strength for me it'd be:
1. City
2. Barca
3. Juve
Liverpool somewhere in there, not sure where so I'd stick them in hovering.
5. Bayern
6. PSG
7. Spurs
8. Atletico
9. Real
+ Inter could be entering the conversation
Honourable mention to Ajax and Ten Hag too.

Any Pep team probably should be top, because bar injuries, they're relentless in churning out league trophies.
Then it's any team with Messi in it, followed by other strong and consistent league sides. I don't rate Bayern so high, because they're not nearly challenged as much as often as Juve are, although it's a bit more optimistic these days for them because squad is weaker, but performance consistency still seems to be there.

In any given 2-leg European tie at the moment for me it's:
1. Liverpool
2. Barca
By some distance. Despite Barcelona's horrendous away record and overtly boring style, the fortress of Camp Nou is enough to put them up there and seal the ties in most circumstances where meltdown doesn't occur. Then,
3. City
4. Juve
5. Atletico
6. Bayern
7. Dortmund
8. Spurs
9. Real
10. Ajax
and any other aspiring side.

But any positions on this can be flipped TBH because different matchups warrant different approaches, some of which favour some teams but do not others i.e. Atleti doesn't like to be on the front foot while Liverpool doesn't find it easy playing from behind.

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

If I were to group the teams for Champions League favourites, it would be like this

Tier 1: Liverpool. Defending champions, reached the CL finals the past 2 years, and are playing great. Very formidable team in two legged ties because of the intensity and speed they play with.

Tier 2: City, Barca, Juve. Good teams that do have some glaring weaknesses that could be their undoing.

Tier 3: PSG, Bayern, Atletico. Solid teams that are not the favorites but could win if all their player peak at the right time.

Tier 4: Spurs, Real Madrid, Ajax, Dortmund, Napoli. Dark horse teams particularly Real Madrid with Zidane's black magic in the CL.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Not that you'd care what a LFC supporter thinks but this would be my ranking of clubs (please note I didn't say teams, I said clubs.........i.e. for teams City would be in the top 3, but clubs wise aren't in the top 20.)

In Tier 1 in no order:- Real, Barca, Man Utd, Liverpool, Flamengo, Corinthians, Boca, River

Tier 2 in no order:- Sao Paulo, Milan, Inter, Juve, Bayern,

Tier 3 in no order:- Arsenal, Palmeiras, Ajax, Atletico, Valencia, Dortmund

Tier 4 in no order:- Roma, Celtic, Rangers, Chelsea, Marseille

Tier 5:- who cares :D

Andresito

Staff member
Official.

Ee6srnqWsAAQPkg

serghei

Zidane vs Simeone vs Conte vs Pirlo vs Xavi (soon) vs Guardiola vs Lampard.

Duel of midfielders turned managers.

fergus90

Zidane vs Simeone vs Conte vs Pirlo vs Xavi (soon) vs Guardiola vs Lampard.

Duel of midfielders turned managers.

Yup, there is something about a midfielder turning manager I have more trust and confidence in. Being in the middle of the pitch when they were a player, helping to orchestrate plays, manipulating and understanding spaces in front of them etc. I personally believe it gives them a higher footballing IQ in most cases and a better understanding of the game as a whole, to then be able to project onto players under their guidance.

Home of Barca Fans