Juventus

Martindn

Was reading a juventus forum when the Vidal rumors first started. Cocky as fuck about Conte no way in hell selling Vidal. Now they might lose both, ah the petty world of football.

BenRobbins

He's leaving because of Vidal's departure ?

What a shame, he represented so well Juve.

It's not just that, i think its to due with the general lack of ambition regarding transfers. He wanted sanchez and cuadrado and a few others whilst keeping hold of pogba and vidal. They havent bought either sanchez or cuadrado which annoyed him and now it seems they are selling vidal which pushed him over the edge which is totally understandable and must be frustrating for juve fans as he is a really good manager.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
If Vidal is on the market, we should be in for him. It seems like he is Man Utd bound though.

Trickykid

Why not? He is a class box to box player and a little tactical variation would be nice. But I don't think we will get him. Two new CBs must be our top priority.

Box to box, sure, but aside from that, I think he'd struggle in our quick passing midfield - more so than either Rakitic or Rafinha, both of whom I'd much rather bet on, would. Besides, if we got someone like Vidal, who would no doubt command a starting role, where would that leave Rafinha? His dear ol' papa would start making noise behind the scenes, and we'd lose our second Alcantara in no time.

Am I overrating Rafinha? Perhaps. But he was arguably the best (or at least one of the very best) young player of the 13/14 La Liga. I think he's ready to step up.

XaviMessiGirl

He was having issues and was talking about leaving towards the end of this season wasnt he? i thought it was due to disagreements with the transfer policys and keeping certain players such as vidal and pogba. I imagine he has resigned because they are selling us(united) vidal and went back on their word.

Yeah, last summer he said he would leave if they didn't match his ambitions, and again warned that in January. He wasn't kidding... still I thought he would have stayed one more year to try to prove himself in Europe.

Allegri rumored to be the replacement coach. :lol:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Box to box, sure, but aside from that, I think he'd struggle in our quick passing midfield - more so than either Rakitic or Rafinha, both of whom I'd much rather bet on, would. Besides, if we got someone like Vidal, who would no doubt command a starting role, where would that leave Rafinha? His dear ol' papa would start making noise behind the scenes, and we'd lose our second Alcantara in no time.

Am I overrating Rafinha? Perhaps. But he was arguably the best (or at least one of the very best) young player of the 13/14 La Liga. I think he's ready to step up.

I see your point, but signing Vidal would also mean a significant increase in work rate in our midfield, something I think we've lacked in a few years now. I certainly think that he can adapt to our playing style as well. A player like Keita improved a lot when he came here. We should pursue Vidal, only if Xavi leaves, which is still a possibility. I sure have my doubts about us being able to afford him, since we still need to buy our CBs, but he'd be class for us.

As for Rafinha, he is promising, but I'm not sure he is ready yet. He will have to convince me in the upcoming season. Buying Vidal wouldn't necessarily stall his development, IMO.

Home of Barca Fans