AC Milan

El Flaco

Official statement from AC Milan's website

Today Fininvest has completed the sale of the entire stake owned in AC Milan - equal to 99.93% - to Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux.

The closing is the last step of the purchase agreement signed on August 5th 2016 and renewed on March 24th by Fininvest CEO Danilo Pellegrino and David Han Li, as a representative of Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux.

The terms of the agreement are the same disclosed in August and reflect of an aggregate evaluation of AC Milan equal to EUR740 million, which includes the club’s indebtedness, equal to EUR220 million as of June 30th 2016. A EUR90 million refund for AC Milan’s running costs anticipated by Fininvest from July 1st 2016 hitherto add up to the evaluation.

The buyers also confirmed their commitment to undertake significant capital increases and liquidity injections aimed at strengthening AC Milan’s financial structure.

Tomorrow, Friday April 14th, AC Milan’s shareholders’ meeting will resolve , inter alia, on the appointment of the new governance bodies of the company.

Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux was supported by the financial adviser Rothschild & Co. and by the law firms Gianni, Origoni, Grippo, Cappelli & Partners and Gattai, Minoli, Agostinelli & Partners. Fininvest was supported respectively by Lazard and Studio Chiomenti.

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/official-statement/2017-04-13/press-release
http://www.fininvest.it/assets/press/en/PRESS RELEASE_closing Milan_13apr17.pdf

Total-Football

new ownership is not automatically good news, Arsenal went backwards with Kroenke. Although it's hard to regress more in the case of Ac milan

El Flaco

Silvio Berlusconi's open letter

I today leave, after more than thirty years, the ownership and the presidency of AC Milan I do it with grief and emotion, but knowing that modern football, to compete at the top level in Europe and in the world, needs investments and resources that only one family cannot support.

I will never forget all the emotions that AC Milan gave me and to all of us. I will never forget all the people thanks to whom I had the chance to become the President of this Club that has won so much.

First of all, of course, the great coaches and the great players who made all our achievements possible, achievements that will forever be part of football history. It would be impossible to thank them one by one: to all of them a big hug.

The same hug I wish to give to all the managers and the staff who made of AC Milan not only a team but a model club in the world of football. Among these people, the first one to thank is Adriano Galliani, who was our engine and the person who tirelessly built this club.

But most of all, my deepest thank you from the bottom of my heart goes to our fans. To the millions of supporters who filled the stadiums to shout Forza Milan, to all the others, even more, who being physically far away showed us their support with great enthusiasm. Without all of them, our glorious AC Milan wouldn't have existed and would not exist today. Together with them, we won everything there was to win. I have in my eyes and in my heart, thousands of different moments where the affection showed by our fans was something extraordinary and really touching.

What I want to say to them is that - although today I leave this position - I will forever be AC Milan's first fan, the team my father taught me to love when I was a child, the dream that we made come true together.

I wish the new management to achieve even more great results than we did.

To those who are staying, the players, the coach, the staff, to all our fans, to each and every one of them, from the bottom of my heart, I wish them to reach their goals and make their dreams come true, both in sport and in life, for them and their loved ones.

Once again, thank you all.

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/club/2017-04-13/silvio-berlusconi-once-again-thank-you-all

JerseyAddict

I can remember the early 90's Milan that decimated us 4-0 in the 94 CL final.

Saddest game of my life. I was devastated kid. How could Barça loose? Dream Team? And in such a way? Savičević goal? How could they loose LIKE THAT? I still have cold shivers ...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Saddest game of my life. I was devastated kid. How could Barça loose? Dream Team? And in such a way? Savičević goal? How could they loose LIKE THAT? I still have cold shivers ...

My memory is vague (couldn't watch it live either) but I remember how disappointed I was when I hearand saw the re-runs. And Barca were favorites while Milan was missing some players.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
That Milan team was just as good as us.

That was Capello's greatest game of all time and how he made a special final out of a dire situation will be one to be studied for years. He capitalized on the mistake by Cruijff to leave out Laudrup but the game boiled down to just confidence. The Chinese investment group have to think of creating similar moments to bring Milan to similar stature.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
That was Capello's greatest game of all time and how he made a special final out of a dire situation will be one to be studied for years. He capitalized on the mistake by Cruijff to leave out Laudrup but the game boiled down to just confidence. The Chinese investment group have to think of creating similar moments to bring Milan to similar stature.
Hope so as Serie A as one team league is boring.

Home of Barca Fans