AC Milan

Banana-Rama

sensational performance from milan, i hold my hands up, i have never been more delighted to admit when i am wrong, i didn't give milan a chance before kick off, superb from them in all areas :worthy:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Yes. Pique has a good quote on the game: "Result too harsh? Think so, but that is football, Italian football, we got a catenaccio lesson tonight."

Clown of the highest order.

We've been playing extremely well for a long while now, with very good prospects. I am very happy.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Everyone in the other threads is talking about how Barca were shit but not many acknowledging that Milan were fantastic. Their 3 midfielders (and Abate) were the real stars of the game - the way they pressured and cornered the Barca players was perfect. Hardly catenaccio as Pique put it. Almost none of their forward passes were aimless, Pazzini and Boateng were great in this regard, getting to all the passes and holding the ball up.

In the second half, the front 3 joined in and pressured Barca like Barca used to do to other teams. And the 2 goals were beautiful shots. Niang was a great sub as well.

A totally deserved win. Like seriously, they did everything right. Barca outplayed as they were against Real and Celtic (all three 2-1 losses in the past year).

Sergio

Sergison
Yes. Pique has a good quote on the game: "Result too harsh? Think so, but that is football, Italian football, we got a catenaccio lesson tonight."
His use of Catenaccio is correct though, as it means to attack and defend as one, not the common misinterpretation that it is to sit back and defend only.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Everyone in the other threads is talking about how Barca were shit but not many acknowledging that Milan were fantastic. Their 3 midfielders (and Abate) were the real stars of the game - the way they pressured and cornered the Barca players was perfect. Hardly catenaccio as Pique put it. Almost none of their forward passes were aimless, Pazzini and Boateng were great in this regard, getting to all the passes and holding the ball up.

In the second half, the front 3 joined in and pressured Barca like Barca used to do to other teams. And the 2 goals were beautiful shots. Niang was a great sub as well.

A totally deserved win. Like seriously, they did everything right. Barca outplayed as they were against Real and Celtic (all three 2-1 losses in the past year).

Thankyou sir.

PearLBLacK

Banned

:goodpost:

Well to be fair, Barca were shit, at least compared to their usual standards.
I think it'll be a different story at Camp Nou. We'll have to wait and see though.

misterplatin

Milan was the better team yesterday . They knew what they were doing and were synchronous while attacking or organizing back .
While Barcelona were tactically outclassed and lacked imagination. Many fans have a notion that Barca are perfect due their style but the reality is that the style was developed to hide the existing weaknesses like inability to defend and fight physical battles . Alves,Alba and Busquets can be embarrassingly poor when team is not recovering ball back in opposition area .

Home of Barca Fans