FC Internazionale Milano

Chainsaw

Killahead
Gabigol and Joao Mario headed to Inter according to Di Marzio.

I am not at all excited or happy about any of these deals. According to the reports the combined fee for them will be something between 70-80m, which is huge if both end up being failures. And I still fail to see how they would fit in to the starting line-up. I don't know anything about these two. Hope they prove to be worthy signings, but I am skeptical about it. At least as of now.

7csc

Gabigol and Joao Mario headed to Inter according to Di Marzio.

João Mário is confirmed,I guess: http://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias/...nicado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad (It's in Portuguese)

It says that Sporting and Inter reached an agreement to transfer the player to Inter.As a Sporting CP supporter i really liked the guy,he was one of the pieces of the great season Sporting made last season and he was one of my favourite players.Let's see how he adapts to the Italian football.

Sorry for the english

Icarium

Lifestealer
Gabigol is also confirmed, Inter spent more than 100M this season. Have to see how they really perform.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Can't be worse than Mancini.. Good luck Frank..

Well, he was.

Officially sacked today. As I said before, it is never easy managing Inter. I really didn't get De Boer's appointment to begin with. They have chosen a coach who doesn't know the language, didn't have coaching experience outside of Holland, has a very different playing style compare to Mancini and his squad, and looked quite naive adjusting and learning from his mistakes. Sacking Mancini 2 weeks before the season starts was a big mistake. The new players arrived very late. The club didn't address the team's weak spots very well. They went and signed fancy players but the most crucial positions remained untouched. The squad is very imbalance.

I sympathize with De Boer tho, as I do with pretty much every coach post Mourinho. The club keep hiring different coaches but do not give 'em proper elements and fair time to deliver. They keep average and aged players around while freezing young and hot prospects on the bench or in the stands. This is a mess that needs to be fixed from the roots. Coaches make mistakes and have their own limitations, but from Benitez to De Boer, none of 'em were given sufficient support from the club to prove themselves.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, he was.

Officially sacked today. As I said before, it is never easy managing Inter. I really didn't get De Boer's appointment to begin with. They have chosen a coach who doesn't know the language, didn't have coaching experience outside of Holland, has a very different playing style compare to Mancini and his squad, and looked quite naive adjusting and learning from his mistakes. Sacking Mancini 2 weeks before the season starts was a big mistake. The new players arrived very late. The club didn't address the team's weak spots very well. They went and signed fancy players but the most crucial positions remained untouched. The squad is very imbalance.

I sympathize with De Boer tho, as I do with pretty much every coach post Mourinho. The club keep hiring different coaches but do not give 'em proper elements and fair time to deliver. They keep average and aged players around while freezing young and hot prospects on the bench or in the stands. This is a mess that needs to be fixed from the roots. Coaches make mistakes and have their own limitations, but from Benitez to De Boer, none of 'em were given sufficient support from the club to prove themselves.

Agree with you. Should have been given more time too.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Marcelino3.jpg

These are decisive hours to decide who will replace de Boer on Inter's bench. Today Suning's delegation arrived in Milano and met with both Pioli and Marcelino. There are positive indications after this evening's meeting with the Spanish coach who told the media gathered outside the hotel "A Presto" (see you soon). Suning's final decision is expected by Sunday, at the moment Marcelino is the favorite.

Morten

Failure of the season?
For all their investments, bringing in Conte, they are only marginally better than last season, failed in the CL, failed to mount a somewhat serious title challenge, indeed, they may only end up 4th.

They had a lot of hype going into the season, yet they are only average.

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

Failure of the season?
For all their investments, bringing in Conte, they are only marginally better than last season, failed in the CL, failed to mount a somewhat serious title challenge, indeed, they may only end up 4th.

They had a lot of hype going into the season, yet they are only average.

Agreed, Conte has been a underwhelming with Inter overall.

But I think they have more potential under Conte compared to last year under Spalletti. I thought Inter played way better against Barca in the CL group stages compared to last year, especially in the first game.

Curious to see how next year turns out for them.

Messigician

Its done

Barcelona have secured an agreement with Inter Milan to sign Lautaro Mart?nez for 111 million euros (the same value as his release clause which expires today) until October 4th. [cat radio]

Home of Barca Fans