FC Internazionale Milano

F

Flavia

The Chinese era of Inter is on the horizon and will begin on Monday with an official press conference regarding the takeover scheduled. The Inter hierarchy are in China discussing the final details of the deal currently, Gazzetta dello Sport report and give details of the sale:

“Massimo Moratti will sell his 29.5% of shares and will be exiting Inter after 21 years, whilst Thohir will reduce his shares from 70% to 30%. Further on, in a couple of months, the Chinese group should buy the remaining 30% to reach the total 100% who will get back all the investments Thohir made in the club (75 million in November 2013 and 108 million in June 2015).” Suning valued Inter around 500 million Euro.

Source: Gazzetta dello Sport

How are you feeling about that? Do you think it'll do good to the club?

Chainsaw

Killahead
How are you feeling about that? Do you think it'll do good to the club?

Too soon to think about how will it all turn out to be. I was skeptical about Thohir right from the beginning, even though I didn't expect him to abandon the ship that quickly.

Now about the Chinese, they need some very good advisers from the sporting point of view in order to succeed, because just throwing the money around won't work out, as we've seen enough of that already in the earlier years of Massimo Moratti era. My best hope is that they start to work on changing the philosophy inside the club; stop selling talented youngsters, and stop extending old and average players' contracts; work very seriously on making a new stadium for Inter; have a better and newer vision not just about the moment but for the future (like what Cruyff did for Barca), and fixing several other things which are quite annoying to witness about this club.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Inter are not in a terrible shape but Thohir does not have the financial leverage like Abrahimovic to break Juventus' hegemony, AND compete on the European continent. I am not mad or upset with Thohir, I think he did alright but this was too big for him to handle on his own and I believe he found it difficult to work in Italy, while maintaining his business.

The club is very demanding but Sunning group can deal with Inter organizationally much better than Thohir.

Chainsaw

Killahead
According to Carlo Laudisa of Gazzetta dello Sport Frank De Boer is in Milano to sign a three-year contract with Inter. The official announcement will probably be made today after Roberto Mancini's contract is terminated.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Inter Milan have confirmed that Roberto Mancini has left his role as head coach by mutual consent.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I don't consider De Boer to be a great fit for Inter, but then again, who would be? The Milanese clubs have been struggling for years....then again, I don't think De Boer's possession-orientated style of play suits Italian football. De Boer is very similar to Van Gaal in his Man Utd days, preferring control and solidity over imagination and improvisation. I could easily see them getting a lot of draws. Under his management, Ajax conceded little, but, especially in his later days there, they felt really rigid, boring and lacking in imagination. I wish him good luck though.

It's also worth noting than De Boer's successes with Ajax were purely domestic. Of course, no one would expect Ajax to win the CL or even the EL, but still they were consistently dissapointing in international competitions, losing to the likes of Salzburg, Rapid Wien, Steaua Bucarest, et cetera. His system only worked against Eredivisie sides, winning 4 consecutive titles, which is really impressive. Also, I consider De Boer to be a subpar people's manager, always falling out with the flair players like Kishna, El Hamdaoui, etc. His preference lies with Northern/Western European modest guys, it seems, instead of the more passionate people of southern Europe, South America etc. All in all, I fully expect De Boer to be sacked before his second year as a manager of Inter would start.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yeah I myself am skeptical about De Boer succeding at Inter. Can't remember the last time a Dutch managing to do that. His appointment was a weird decision. I doubt he can even speak the language, but I am interested to see how it works out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tbf, he can't do worse than Inter has been doing lately.

He is strict and will instill his system. Expect youngsters to be given many chances too.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Tbf, he can't do worse than Inter has been doing lately.

He is strict and will instill his system. Expect youngsters to be given many chances too.

He can. It was never easy managing Inter. The pressure and expectations could be way too much for him.

Chainsaw

Killahead
F.C. Internazionale Milano confirms that Dutchman Frank de Boer will be unveiled as the Club's new Head Coach at a press conference today at 14:00 CEST at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti.

De Boer will join the Nerazzurri on a three-year contract and will take charge of first team training this afternoon.

Home of Barca Fans