AS Roma

Messi983

I would say they are back to their level.

Yep.

They think they are a big club but in reality I think Monchi knew they can't compete with Juve for at least a few more years so he did the right thing trying to rebuild Roma but he would need more time to do that. And I believe he would succeed. Not his every move has paid off but he brought them interesting young players, especially Zaniolo and Cengiz Under.

Leo_Messi

Yep.

They think they are a big club but in reality I think Monchi knew they can't compete with Juve for at least a few more years so he did the right thing trying to rebuild Roma but he would need more time to do that. And I believe he would succeed. Not his every move has paid off but he brought them interesting young players, especially Zaniolo and Cengiz Under.

They can't compete with Juve financially (nobody in Italy can not even their main historical rivals and competitors in AC Milan or Inter) but building a new stadium and having ambitious visions is a very good step in the right direction for a club that has continuously (more or less) been in the top 4 in Serie A and had occasional great runs in Europe, most recently last season. In the past 10 years that is.

What is important for them is to continue to grow financially, in terms of fanbase and sporting wise. The former and latter are obviously connected.

Monchi did not get the time that he needed (2 seasons is a far too short period to build a legacy or even something even resembling a dynasty) and a guy like James Pallotta does not strike me as a guy that is in touch with calcio in Italy even after all this time (7 years).

The case with AS Roma much like every Italian club of this size is that they have tremendous unfulfilled potential. Much like the likes of AC Milan and Inter (although both are improving financially in sporting wise, in particular AC Milan), Napoli and even the likes of Lazio and Viola. If those clubs had economies comparable to their English equivalents I have no doubt that they would be doing better in Europe as historically and that they would be attracting better players from the outside like historically as well. Life is good in Italy much like Spain. England can't compete with that outside of London and that is limited to Chelsea and Arsenal.

In short Roma is genuinely a club with potential to make it really big if not for their fanbase, the famous Roman disease and their history of owners/presidents. They have everything to become a genuine challenger for Juve and the two Milanese giants. Much more than the likes of Napoli, Lazio and Viola IMO.

Last edited:

Messi983

[tw]1145616663225745408[/tw]

This is a great idea. Let's hope at least some of those kids will be found with their help.

CatalinR10

For all ya'll Roma enthusiasts around here ( who are rather quiet lately :messi: ) , Roma went through beating Feyenoord at penaldos.

Paredes scored his penaldo , Lakaka missed.

Home of Barca Fans