AS Roma

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
The guy who sold Salah for like 30 million?

Terrible deal on Nainggolan aswell, sold him for peanuts in todays market.

Messi983

Hindsight is always 20/20.

IIRC Salah's transfer fee was 40M and could rise up to 50M (which probably will with his individual and Liverpool success last season). His transfer happened before Neymar has ruined the market so 40-50M was probably a fair price for what Salah had shown until that point in his career and I don't think anyone could realistically prognose he'll explode like he did. He's obviously a very good player but more than that he's a perfect fit for Klopp's system and I doubt he'd be half as effective had he stayed at Roma or go to another team. It's also still questionable if he can keep up this level for more than just one season.

They probably wanted to get rid off Nainggolan because of his life style. He's also 30 and could start to decline anytime but the main reason for not getting more for him was that he wanted to stay in Italy so from the start there were probably only 3 or 4 clubs where they could sell. Juve and Napoli probably didn't want/need him, Roma would never sell to Lazio, Milan is broken so Inter was likely the only club they could negotiate with. Also with Spaletti there who was getting the best out of Radja in Roma it was probably an easy decision for him to join Inter. Not an ideal negotiating position for Monchi (or any other SD) if you can more or less only sell to one club. Obviously they could just keep him and get another good/great season or two out of him but I think they just decided to move into another direction.

I'm a big fan of Monchi's work from his time in Sevilla and while he's not perfect and will make bad deals here and there like every SD/club I think he has a good plan and if they'll stay patient with him I believe he can build a team which will challenge Juventus longterm. Roma is also my favourite Serie A team since I can remember so I hope his plan will work out.

Andresito

Staff member
MYb3pMd.jpg

Jakabor

Pathetic excuse for a club with the most disgusting fans. They genuinely think they are superior to Barcelona at the moment because of their 3-0 victory when in reality Barca have a much better squad than Roma, which last season resulted in them winning nothing while Barca did the domestic double. Barca win the majority of matches vs sub top clubs like Roma, so it doesn't matter in the long run. Barca signing Malcom is not about getting back at Roma, but more so about signing a quality RW, which the club have been searching for.

Now their fans are crying because they think Malcom should be their player. Guess what Roma fans (and I know you're reading), he didn't sign anything and neither did his agent. So better get that Roma suing Barca or Malcolm's agent out of your heads. He can still be yours if he wants to and his current club agrees with him. Don't be bitter cunt about Barca wanting a talented player.

Devils

To Roma:

Never, ever humiliate FC Barcelona again or you will suffer the consequences the likes of which few throughout history have suffered before. We are no longer a club that will stand for your humiliating taunts or threats. Be cautious!

Alik

Pathetic excuse for a club with the most disgusting fans. They genuinely think they are superior to Barcelona at the moment because of their 3-0 victory when in reality Barca have a much better squad than Roma, which last season resulted in them winning nothing while Barca did the domestic double. Barca win the majority of matches vs sub top clubs like Roma, so it doesn't matter in the long run. Barca signing Malcom is not about getting back at Roma, but more so about signing a quality RW, which the club have been searching for.

Now their fans are crying because they think Malcom should be their player. Guess what Roma fans (and I know you're reading), he didn't sign anything and neither did his agent. So better get that Roma suing Barca or Malcolm's agent out of your heads. He can still be yours if he wants to and his current club agrees with him. Don't be bitter cunt about Barca wanting a talented player.

I doubt the majority of their fans think they're superior to Barça.

BarçaBarça

At least they got a shit keeper for a crazy amount of money from my danish clubs biggest rivals. Robin Olsen.
Not impressed by Monchis buying in that case. Rumours about us being interested earlier this window - we dodged a bullet there once again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To Roma:

Never, ever humiliate FC Barcelona again or you will suffer the consequences the likes of which few throughout history have suffered before. We are no longer a club that will stand for your humiliating taunts or threats. Be cautious!

Please do it in CAPS. MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE. :lol:

Leo_Messi

They pretty much imploded this season after that great run in the CL last year. Di Francesco fired, Monchi leaving (most likely to Arsenal) and Ranieri ( :lol: ) appointed.

Out of the CL against a mediocre Porto team and went out in the Coppa Italia with a bang (7-1 defeat against Viola away from home). Fifth in the league 4 and 3 points behind respectively AC Milan and Inter with 12 rounds left.

It all started with us hijacking that Malcom transfer.:lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans