User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AS Roma

You're not even a real journalism
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy who sold Salah for like 30 million?

Terrible deal on Nainggolan aswell, sold him for peanuts in todays market.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hindsight is always 20/20.

IIRC Salah's transfer fee was 40M and could rise up to 50M (which probably will with his individual and Liverpool success last season). His transfer happened before Neymar has ruined the market so 40-50M was probably a fair price for what Salah had shown until that point in his career and I don't think anyone could realistically prognose he'll explode like he did. He's obviously a very good player but more than that he's a perfect fit for Klopp's system and I doubt he'd be half as effective had he stayed at Roma or go to another team. It's also still questionable if he can keep up this level for more than just one season.

They probably wanted to get rid off Nainggolan because of his life style. He's also 30 and could start to decline anytime but the main reason for not getting more for him was that he wanted to stay in Italy so from the start there were probably only 3 or 4 clubs where they could sell. Juve and Napoli probably didn't want/need him, Roma would never sell to Lazio, Milan is broken so Inter was likely the only club they could negotiate with. Also with Spaletti there who was getting the best out of Radja in Roma it was probably an easy decision for him to join Inter. Not an ideal negotiating position for Monchi (or any other SD) if you can more or less only sell to one club. Obviously they could just keep him and get another good/great season or two out of him but I think they just decided to move into another direction.

I'm a big fan of Monchi's work from his time in Sevilla and while he's not perfect and will make bad deals here and there like every SD/club I think he has a good plan and if they'll stay patient with him I believe he can build a team which will challenge Juventus longterm. Roma is also my favourite Serie A team since I can remember so I hope his plan will work out.