Bayern Munchen

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Guardiola was it who introcued this pitch. It's some sort of hybrid between natural- and artifical gras that is supposedly there to increase the speed of the ball on the ground. So it's indeed some Xavi wet dream Tiki-Taka shit.
But many people also suspect it to be partially responsible for the constant injurys that came since Bayern play on it.

Nah, I wasn’t referring to the hybrid pitch, which by the way we (Bar?a) and many clubs in Europe have used for many seasons. I don’t think it was the reason why Bayern had a lot of injuries, just an excuse for some to blame Pep. I believe Bayern’s pitch today is still hybrid, no?

I was referring to the way Bayern/Allianz Arena pitch is maintained, not optimal in my opinion. I think I the past some Bayern players (Ribery if I am not mistaken) complained about the state of it, being a bit potato-field like at times and Bayern conveniently blamed it on sharing the stadium with TSV 1860. This season I noticed it was better than before but still not as smooth as what we you see at Camp Nou, Bernabeu and many other Spanish and English venues. I noticed that in general Bundesliga has the worst pitches among the top 5 leagues in Europe, many clubs simply don’t seem to care that much. Personally the best German pitch I have seen myself was at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Stuttgart several years ago.

serghei

Wait, why do people not understand the word "their" around here? Im clearly talking Bayern.

We are in the Bayern-thread, "their best striker" should be fairly obvious?

True, I've missed that word. I've read "the" instead of "their" :lol:.

BerkeleyBernie

What do you mean by that? I actually think Bayern/the Allianz Arena has one of the worst pitches among top European stadiums.

I was watching the ball travel in their last match and it couldn't have been glassier. Maybe they improved their pitch this season, dunno, but the carpet passing was gorgeous.

fergus90

They are starting to show a little bit of fragility in recent weeks. Certainly shipping a lot of goals which was always a possibility with that high line. I also think their squad is slighter weaker now Thiago, Coutinho and Perisic have been replaced by Sane,Douglas Costa and Choupo Moting. They've also got Tiago Dantas on loan who is touted to be very special and is of very similar stature to Riqui Puig who they were rumoured to be interested in.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Davies has been benched a lot this season, how come?

Apparently he hasn't been playing well this season

Hansi Flick on Alphonso Davies: "Alphonso may be in a low point... We'll give him all the support he needs. It might be normal for a young player coming off such a great season. He's gotta deal with that. It's important that he gets back on track."

Nah, I wasn?t referring to the hybrid pitch, which by the way we (Bar?a) and many clubs in Europe have used for many seasons. I don?t think it was the reason why Bayern had a lot of injuries, just an excuse for some to blame Pep. I believe Bayern?s pitch today is still hybrid, no?

I was referring to the way Bayern/Allianz Arena pitch is maintained, not optimal in my opinion. I think I the past some Bayern players (Ribery if I am not mistaken) complained about the state of it, being a bit potato-field like at times and Bayern conveniently blamed it on sharing the stadium with TSV 1860. This season I noticed it was better than before but still not as smooth as what we you see at Camp Nou, Bernabeu and many other Spanish and English venues. I noticed that in general Bundesliga has the worst pitches among the top 5 leagues in Europe, many clubs simply don?t seem to care that much. Personally the best German pitch I have seen myself was at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Stuttgart several years ago.
The weather in Germany with long cold winters and freezing temperatures have nothing to do with it I guess?

Camparing that with the Spanish or Italian climate does not make much sense.

The weather in England is also much smoother for the greens.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The weather in Germany with long cold winters and freezing temperatures have nothing to do with it I guess?

Camparing that with the Spanish or Italian climate does not make much sense.

The weather in England is also much smoother for the greens.

Weather might have played a role but not decisive, I take. How is England much smoother for the grass compared to Germany?

Some Spanish pitches were very bad (Eibar, Granada came to mind) in the past but they have gotten significantly better since, one of the reasons I believe is that La Liga actually has some sort of regulations regarding pitch conditions, I read.

Weather might have played a role but not decisive, I take. How is England much smoother for the grass compared to Germany?

Some Spanish pitches were very bad (Eibar, Granada came to mind) in the past but they have gotten significantly better since, one of the reasons I believe is that La Liga actually has some sort of regulations regarding pitch conditions, I read.
England have the perfect conditions with plenty of rain and moderate temperatures compared to Germany..summers not as hot and winters not as cold.

Of course the German weather is the decisive reason for the condition of the greens.

I m not saying all the German clubs doing perfect work, but to ignore the frosty winters is just laughable.

Let me guess, u r not from Europe?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
England have the perfect conditions with plenty of rain and moderate temperatures compared to Germany..summers not as hot and winters not as cold.

Of course the German weather is the decisive reason for the condition of the greens.

I m not saying all the German clubs doing perfect work, but to ignore the frosty winters is just laughable.

Let me guess, u r not from Europe?

No, I am not from Europe (but I have been traveling pretty extensively in Europe, been to 12 countries in Europe so far), what does that have to do with the discussion here? A cheap tactic to shoot down someone when you don't have anything valid to say and you will just say, I know better because I am from here.

Again, weather might play a role but not decisive. The fact that there are still plenty of bad and not ideal pitches in Spain and England and elsewhere (lower level league teams) proves my point that it has much more to do with how much money, effort and expertise etc. each club is spending on maintaining the pitch than the weather factor.

Blackened

Lewandowski is good but he gets plenty of service and 90% of his goals are penalties or semi-tapins. Goes to show that statistics dont always give you the whole picture. He cant dribble, cannot really create for himself and doesnt score spectacular goals. Suarez from 2011-2017 was miles better.

Morten

Lewandowski is good but he gets plenty of service and 90% of his goals are penalties or semi-tapins. Goes to show that statistics dont always give you the whole picture. He cant dribble, cannot really create for himself and doesnt score spectacular goals. Suarez from 2011-2017 was miles better.

Lewandowski is the best number 9 in the world, but he also plays for a team with a great system.
Matches where Lewa isnt doing much, Bayern is still capable of putting 5 past teams.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Not true at all. Lewandowski has scored some spectacular goals and he is perfectly capable of creating for himself and others.

Dribbling is not everything.

Blackened

Lewandowski is the best number 9 in the world, but he also plays for a team with a great system.
Matches where Lewa isnt doing much, Bayern is still capable of putting 5 past teams.

He might be at the moment but thats not solely because of his greatness. In world football theres a lack of really good strikers currently. Suarez was a lot better. Also Benzemas technique and link-up play is far superior.

Home of Barca Fans