Bayern Munchen

Faceless

No more faces at night
I don't need to unswer about Gotze, he needs much time to be fit and you can't forget it's a new team, he didn't suddenly adapted to his new teammates or the tactics so quickly. It needs some time for fitness and adaption and after i'm sure he'll impress. As for the Gustavo/ defensive midfielder situation the wrong thing is that Pep plays with 4-1-4-1 so all of them can't fit into the line up. In a lone role he prefers a box to box player rather than a clear defensive midfielder, and obviously he uses this line up to fit all those attacking players in the line up. It's very complicated until all players adapt to it, he could remain with 4-2-3-1 to see how the team works with his system. But from the moment he changed most things and the formation can't expect the most impressive things at the moment.

Geez. It's just Bayern fans overreacting. I'm pretty sure they would do fine against Chelsea..

Meitux

Geez. It's just Bayern fans overreacting. I'm pretty sure they would do fine against Chelsea..
It is overreaction cause you can't have a distinct image from the start of the season, they overreact because they come from probably their best season ever. I just think that because Pep himself said that he wants to play attacking football so he uses this formation to bring one more attacking player in and plays Schweinsteiger as box to box.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bastian Schweinsteiger is injured after the freiburg match? Cant be good for them for the match against chelsea.. :mou:
I didn't watched the match but what was guardiola's tactics?

It is just a sprained ankle, nothing is torn. Schweini will be playing Friday, reportedly.

Faceless

No more faces at night
It is overreaction cause you can't have a distinct image from the start of the season, they overreact because they come from probably their best season ever. I just think that because Pep himself said that he wants to play attacking football so heuses this formation to bring one more attacking player in and plays Schweinsteiger as box to box.

Well now he knows it isn't one of the best formation he could use. It must be really hard for Bayern fans because before their success last season they have been flopping quite badly; to the extent of having no trophy at all. So the overreaction is really justifiable.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't need to unswer about Gotze, he needs much time to be fit and you can't forget it's a new team, he didn't suddenly adapted to his new teammates or the tactics so quickly. It needs some time for fitness and adaption and after i'm sure he'll impress. As for the Gustavo/ defensive midfielder situation the wrong thing is that Pep plays with 4-1-4-1 so all of them can't fit into the line up. In a lone role he prefers a box to box player rather than a clear defensive midfielder, and obviously he uses this line up to fit all those attacking players in the line up. It's very complicated until all players adapt to it, he could remain with 4-2-3-1 to see how the team works with his system. But from the moment he changed most things and the formation can't expect the most impressive things at the moment.

It is not that Guardiola prefers a box-to-box player for the lone CDM role, it is just happens that Schweinsteiger is a box-to-box player with a lot of fame, status, seniority, whatever you call it in addition to his massive skills and the essential pace-setting, distribution and leadership role he plays which makes it impossible for Guardiola not to play him, as long as he is fit.

Based on the reports we have seen so far, Bastian will likely play this Friday. If he can't, Kirchoff might have to step into that lone CDM role, which he had been playing in the friendlies. Kirchoff is just coming off a minor injury as well though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well now he knows it isn't one of the best formation he could use. It must be really hard for Bayern fans because before their success last season they have been flopping quite badly; to the extent of having no trophy at all. So the overreaction is really justifiable.

I wouldn't call them flopping badly since they made it to the CL finals and semi-finals 4 years in a row.

Meitux

It is not that Guardiola prefers a box-to-box player for the lone CDM role, it is just happens that Schweinsteiger is a box-to-box player with a lot of fame, status, seniority, whatever you call it in addition to his massive skills and the essential pace-setting, distribution and leadership role he plays which makes it impossible for Guardiola not to play him, as long as he is fit.

Based on the reports we have seen so far, Bastian will likely play this Friday. If he can't, Kirchoff might have to step into that lone CDM role, which he had been playing in the friendlies. Kirchoff is just coming off a minor injury as well though.
I think it is for the reasons you mention but also because he wants to play attacking football he wants a player with attacking abilities too, he's really an important member of Pep's formation and system. The point is that the formation doesn't count really, the point even if this formations changes back to 4-2-3-1, for Martinez or whoever is the defensive midfielder to get into the line up is for Pep to remove one of those players from the 4 behind striker, but it won't happen based on what he wants them to play.

Last edited:

Faceless

No more faces at night
I wouldn't call them flopping badly since they made it to the CL finals and semi-finals 4 years in a row.

Impressive, but they want to win. So it was considered bad for them.. Till the point where every German player is considered a choker. Of course, the losses made them stronger as you can see last season; but can they repeat it again or burn out.. If they burn out completely, we all know who they will blame.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Impressive, but they want to win. So it was considered bad for them.. Till the point where every German player is considered a choker. Of course, the losses made them stronger as you can see last season; but can they repeat it again or burn out.. If they burn out completely, we all know who they will blame.

I don't think it is about burning out (as I understand it, being burnt out because of the pressure being the best team in the world carries), it is really about whether Guardiola will be able to carry an almost perfect team even further with new tactics and ideas, and whether and how Bayern will be adapting to those.

Die Bayern

If you read the forums you'd say we've been humiliated. Overreacting is putting it mildly. I'm very disappointed by the game don't get me wrong, but some fans are taking it way too seriously and refuse to get the idea that this is a new season, with a new coach and new tactics. The treble season is now in the past and probably we won't ever have a season like that, but some people's expectations are way too high after it and they think we should be dominating and winning every game 5:0. It just won't happen.

S2K1985

Chatbot
If you read the forums you'd say we've been humiliated. Overreacting is putting it mildly. I'm very disappointed by the game don't get me wrong, but some fans are taking it way too seriously and refuse to get the idea that this is a new season, with a new coach and new tactics. The treble season is now in the past and probably we won't ever have a season like that, but some people's expectations are way too high after it and they think we should be dominating and winning every game 5:0. It just won't happen.

Sounds like our chat during a match;)

Faceless

No more faces at night

Every club is facing this kind of phase. We have a lot of members like this.. and as you can see, teams like Arsenal too have fans raving mad after one game.
I don't blame your members for getting worried so much, the season before the treble season still haunts them. Just like our loss last year.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans