Bayern Munchen

Der Kaiser

There were rumors about Gomez+Cash for Lewandowski, although I cant see Gomez willing to play and fitting in Dortmund.

well, De Gea and Kun aren't a bad idea. they were also teammates at Atletico before. but that would be so expensive. Man Utd would sell De Gea for 17-20M. and Ageuro for 45-50M. We can't afford that. Also, we are in need of a CB .

So basically, we need a GK & CB. But the Barca board are so obsessed of getting another attacker (Neymar)
But we can't sign all 3 of them in summer so we need to pick only 2 of them. I would go for a GK & CB since we need them more.

I also noticed that every season, we sign a forward. *just saying

So I guess one of Alba or Song is a forward...

DennyCrane

Gomez is still there...he just lost his spot =(. Still the same old Gomez really. But he was always JUST a poacher. I can understand how Mandzukic is preferred though. He adds a lot up front. I still think it's a shame Gomez is benched though. I don't agree with or understand the Lewandowski signing if true though.

While I'm not fully convinced either, the deal would fit the scheme currently going on. Lewandowski is a world-class striker and Bayern won't sign anyone below that level in the future.
The way I see it, things gonna change around Bayern. The management and business environment is sick and tired of nearly 12 years without an international title - dominating only the domestic league isn't and never was their benchmark. The "Bayern is a big family" days are over.

Getting Sammer was the first step, signing Guardiola the second. With the sport management changed, they'll weed out the rotten parts of the squad. Gomez was injured for a long time and he wasn't without controversy at the club even when he was fully fit. If Sammer decides that the guy doesn't fit anymore he'll sell him without batting an eye. You can bet that the next on the list are van Buyten, Rafinha, Tymoshchuk and yes, probably even Gomez. If Robben continues being constantly injured or showing the slightest sign of disobedience towards Guardiola in the future (which might happen because Robben is a difficult character) he'll find himself unemployed in no time.

With the stadium fully paid they'll have almost no debts in the following accounting year. A transfer budget somewhere between 100 - 120 mil EURO isn't unrealistic. Add to that selling a few players, it easily accumulates to around 130 - 140 Mil. And they'll spend it. And Lewandowski might just be the "welcome-gift" for Pep.

Last edited:

Boris

Good post. It really smells like Tymoshchuk, Rafinha, van Buyten will be gone in no time, maybe even Pizzaro. But ... Maybe Guardiola likes Gomez, after all he speaks Spanish, aaand English too. :worthy:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I pray for Gomez's well being lol. He really doesn't get the credit he deserves...even the Bayern board members talked shit about him after they got mandzukic =/. He is still one of the best finishers in the world. The rest I agree with sending off. if they can offload those players and make 2 or 3 big signings....then damn lol. Pep will be working with a juggernaut.

BerkeleyBernie

I watched a bit today, and I can see how Pep can help Bayern. With a bit more patience and accuracy in the buildup, they could have scored much more easily today. Don't see them beating Barça the way they played today.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
While I'm not fully convinced either, the deal would fit the scheme currently going on. Lewandowski is a world-class striker and Bayern won't sign anyone below that level in the future.
The way I see it, things gonna change around Bayern. The management and business environment is sick and tired of nearly 12 years without an international title - dominating only the domestic league isn't and never was their benchmark. The "Bayern is a big family" days are over.

Getting Sammer was the first step, signing Guardiola the second. With the sport management changed, they'll weed out the rotten parts of the squad. Gomez was injured for a long time and he wasn't without controversy at the club even when he was fully fit. If Sammer decides that the guy doesn't fit anymore he'll sell him without batting an eye. You can bet that the next on the list are van Buyten, Rafinha, Tymoshchuk and yes, probably even Gomez. If Robben continues being constantly injured or showing the slightest sign of disobedience towards Guardiola in the future (which might happen because Robben is a difficult character) he'll find himself unemployed in no time.

With the stadium fully paid they'll have almost no debts in the following accounting year. A transfer budget somewhere between 100 - 120 mil EURO isn't unrealistic. Add to that selling a few players, it easily accumulates to around 130 - 140 Mil. And they'll spend it. And Lewandowski might just be the "welcome-gift" for Pep.

Nice post.
Since you mentioned the budget. Who do you see making way for probable Pep's "feeling" transfers? Kroos looks to me a weak link (if there's one) but don't know how it'll sit with Hoeness and co. Losing one international seems inevitable but Mandzo displaced him already. Removing or displacing another would be poking the beehive imo.

DennyCrane

Nice post.
Since you mentioned the budget. Who do you see making way for probable Pep's "feeling" transfers? Kroos looks to me a weak link (if there's one) but don't know how it'll sit with Hoeness and co. Losing one international seems inevitable but Mandzo displaced him already. Removing or displacing another would be poking the beehive imo.

I agree on Kroos, out of all the players up front he looks the most likely. But: The management and especially Heynckes holds him in the highest regard. The current plan is that Heynckes will stay for another year at the club to familiarize Pep with the club. Given that Heynckes has a strong bond to the management, that'll make Kross sacrosanct.

Actually, I think they're gonna replace Robben. His liability to injuries is one thing, but only today, he complained about his role in the team again in public. He's a pain in Sammers' ass and let's be honest here, he has really become a one trick pony. Müller is currently holding his spot but I honestly don't see Müller being more than a back-up under Pep; and if he plays him than as a false nine I'd guess. It's just not the type of player Peps' accustomed to. That would leave a spot on one of the wings since Ribery can play both sides.

Other than that, I can't really say. Talking bout poking the beehive, I think that they don't care anymore. Sammer spread his "2nd place is a failure" mentality so fast it's not even funny. Everything and nothing seems possible at the moment. Maybe they'll go completely nuts and butcher a holy cow like Badstuber or Schweinsteiger should their form-curves point downwards one day and Sammer decides that they are not "straightened to unconditional success" anymore.

In other news, Watzke said today that he tried everything to keep Lewandowski at the club but he doesn't believe that he'll stay anymore. So it's happening, I guess.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I believe Bayern is the strongest team right now in top form. Tomorrows German cup match against Dotrmund will tell us a lot.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Bayern actually beat them in the DFL-Supercup in august. Snapped an over 5 game losing streak I think lol. I hope for both teams to come out blazing. Imo Bayern has the better chance for victory in all competitions atm.

DucdeOrléans

Currently the best team in the world. It has been a joy watching them this season. It's going to be difficult for Pep to match this level of play but if anything he is the right man to improve the team even further as scary as that may seem for their opponents.

Looking forward to the match this evening. Should be interesting.

Waschdel

Currently the best team in the world. It has been a joy watching them this season. It's going to be difficult for Pep to match this level of play but if anything he is the right man to improve the team even further as scary as that may seem for their opponents.

Looking forward to the match this evening. Should be interesting.

Bayern surely belongs to the best teams in the world atm. But I think most users here are a bit rough with Barca. They do have problems without a doubt. The whole system Barca turns into a "Messi-support-system" when players like Pedro and Villa are not available or not in form. Puyol and Xavi have seen better days as well. But if Barca beats Milan with a difference of 3 goals - it´ll be nothing but a minor crisis. And as a team Barca has been playing on such an outstanding level that it´s been quite astonishing that there weren´t hardly any troubles in the last 4 years.

DucdeOrléans

Bayern surely belongs to the best teams in the world atm. But I think most users here are a bit rough with Barca. They do have problems without a doubt. The whole system Barca turns into a "Messi-support-system" when players like Pedro and Villa are not available or not in form. Puyol and Xavi have seen better days as well. But if Barca beats Milan with a difference of 3 goals - it´ll be nothing but a minor crisis. And as a team Barca has been playing on such an outstanding level that it´s been quite astonishing that there weren´t hardly any troubles in the last 4 years.

Well, first of all the whole "best team in the world" label is a rather tiring and pointless thing but I am rarely as impressed by a team as I have been by this seasons Bayern München. So due to that alone I will use that label this time. This current Bayern München is every managers dream. Young, ambitious, experienced, phenomenal pressing only reminiscent to that displayed by a certain FCB under the guidance of Pep, amazing squad depth, players that individually can win you a game, well-defined tacticS (they are able to play in more than just one way depending on the opponent something FCB is lacking for good and bad), phenomenal defense and offense, the Bayern mentality of never giving up, physical and technical strength and a self-belief that is admirable. Moreover they have something to prove and they want revenge for the two CL-finals they lost.

My intention was not to compare FCB with Bayern by any means nor can any sane person argue against the fact that FCB have been the most dominant and successful team in the last 5 years (the results show that) and certainly under Pep. But this season I rate Bayern München higher and I think they deserve immense praise given how their last season ended and the many disappointments they have endured, most significantly the two CL-final defeats. To bounce back this way is not something every team does and not in this way.

But let's wait a few more months to draw conclusions from their season. All I can say is that I have been hugely impressed by their season so far.

Wait to seem them loss 0-5 against Dortmund this evening.:lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans