Bayern Munchen

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
They have both now anyway lol. Mandzukic is a more complete player and can give some nice passes here and there and help the team. Gomez scores lots of goals.

B

BrianSwan

It's clear for all to see, Bayern are the 2nd best team in the world right now

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Too early to tell but they are doing good and this without Gomez, Alaba, Javi Martinez. Well, ok, Martinez just started his first match for Bayern today.

BerkeleyBernie

Yeah, I watched the first half against Valencia. It wasn't that Valencia was that bad, but Bayern was playing them off the field. They are nearly as patient as Barça with their possession game.

And they played this game without starting: Muller, Gomez, Alaba, Mandzukic.

Martinez pushes Gustavo to the bench. Dante allows Badstuber to play fullback until Alaba is back (at which point Boateng is likely benched.

------------Neuer---
Lahm---Dante--Badstuber--Alaba
----Schwein--Martinez
Robben--Kroos--Ribery
-------Mandzukic-----

With Gomez, Muller, Boateng, Shaqiri, Gustavo, Pizarro, Can on the bench/rotating.

Time for Rafinha to pack up.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Werder - Bayern 0-2. 6/6 in Bundsliga for the Bavarians. Gustavo and Mandzukic scored. Former started the match again ahead of Martinez and the latter is now on 9 goals in 9 matches for Bayern in all competitions.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Bayern has 19 goals for and 2 against so far, holy crap. For comparisons sake the second highest GD in Germany right now is 8.

Alik

Bayern has been steam rolling teams left and right. Them and Borussia Dortmund sure are representing the Germans well in the Champions League.

DennyCrane

According to a local Munich Newspaper, Lewandowski to Bayern is a done deal already. Transfer money to be somewhere between 25 - 30 mil Euro. Also, according to Merkur, both parties have agreed to not announce the deal till after the Bayern - Dortmund cup tie.

http://www.merkur-online.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc-bayern-alles-klar-lewandowski-2753772.html

Sammers' only statement on this issue was that there'll be no statements on the issue which is... kinda revealing

Should these rumours be true however, then Dortmund will have to sign another striker; Dzeko would be a more than likely transfer then.
Also, Gomez will be surplus, as Lewi and Mandzukic will fight for the starter position and Gomez is too expensive for a back-up, as they already have Pizarro + Petersen (who's loaned to Bremen atm) for that role.

DennyCrane

I don't understand why Dortmund would sell Lewandowski to Bayern.

The club is not in need to so. But the players' contract runs out in 2014 and he doesn't seem willing to extend it, so, they gonna at least cash in on him. Also, when a player wants to leave (which I'm not entirely sure about), the club really can't do anything but to give in.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
But why in the world would you sell to Bayern? That's as dumb as Arsenal selling RVP to United. Lose some money but sell him to United or some EPL club. Bayern will punish Dortmund for selling him even without actually having Lewandowski , if they had him in their squad it would hurt even more.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Aguero and Messi would be a dream come true but i think City won´t sell him.

DennyCrane

More than that, why would they splash big on Lewa or any striker when they have Madzukic and Gomez.

I don't think Gomez will make a comeback. Mandzukic has deserved the number 1 spot and Gomez will have more than a hard time getting past him. Also, Mandzukic is much more involved in the build up play and bringing Lewi in would complement that. Gomez is a poacher and they have a much cheaper alternative for that in Pizarro.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Gomez is still there...he just lost his spot =(. Still the same old Gomez really. But he was always JUST a poacher. I can understand how Mandzukic is preferred though. He adds a lot up front. I still think it's a shame Gomez is benched though. I don't agree with or understand the Lewandowski signing if true though.

Home of Barca Fans