Bayern Munchen

olivis

He might be at the moment but thats not solely because of his greatness. In world football theres a lack of really good strikers currently. Suarez was a lot better. Also Benzemas technique and link-up play is far superior.

I'm part Polish and watched Lewandowski a lot.

Lewandowski's technique as a 9 is second to none.
Zlatan's is more flashy but Lewandowski's is more effective. You're really underrating Lewandowski here.

You're also quite shortsighted to see Lewandowski and think his technique is poor simply because he is tall and strong. You clearly haven't watched him, at all.

Messigician

I'm part Polish and watched Lewandowski a lot.

Lewandowski's technique as a 9 is second to none.
Zlatan's is more flashy but Lewandowski's is more effective. You're really underrating Lewandowski here.

You're also quite shortsighted to see Lewandowski and think his technique is poor simply because he is tall and strong. You clearly haven't watched him, at all.

He's not tall or that strong.

Stop overhyping him

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lewandowski is the best striker in the world at the moment and if we look at the past 10 ten years he is maybe the best striker in this generation. Peak Suarez and Eto'o were better at their peak but Lewandwoski doing it for a longer time.

Yannik

Also Benzemas technique and link-up play is far superior.

What's the point of having "link up play" as a No.9 if you're going missing in the box when the final pass comes in? CR7 isn't around anymore to do that for him.
I'd rather leave my striker positioned to grab a goal, than seeing him try to be Messi when I already pay millions to my midfielders and wingers to do that.

Lewandowski is doing it far better in that regard. He knows what he can and what he can't do. His part in the link up is the end of the chain where he should be. He is aware that the other forwards in the team are better creators than him, so he doesn't waste his time hogging the ball for hours and trying to occupy their jobs. You'd want your No. 9s "link up play" to basically just be 1 or 2 accurate touches at most on the ball and reposition again. That's how you end up with the such high scoring results: By having everyone stick a gameplan and noone getting on ego trips.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans