Bayern Munchen

DennyCrane

Mario Basler !!!

Both !

New coach arrived already it seems :pep: :

22007292_523876204616490_1098811870871737560_n.jpg

Morten

Bayern seem to have problems with every manager. Even in Pep's reign Ruminnigge, Hoeness and co were giving their 24 hour commentary. It's a club that acts like a spoilt child.

Bayern is so used to all the teams in Germany bending over for them, so they expect everyone else to do the same.
Classic case of megalomania.

Yannik

No racism at all. Isn't even racism.

Just said it seems like the German press are very protective about having a German style and that foreign managers are not able to provide that.

They were very protective during Pep's era. Everytime he signed a Spaniard (or even a spanish speaking person like Vidal) people were scoffing that he sells out Bayern's identity to his countrymen. It was pretty stupid, people hated that he introduced his trademark "Tiki Taka" to Bayern, despite them playing a possession based style ever since LvG. Even Heynckes had every game at 60% possession, the 7-0 vs Barca was a sole exception because they played an even more possession orientated team and someone had to take the sit back and counter role.

But it was not primarily a national thing, people were just mad at the club that they fired Heynckes after a triple (even though that wasn't Bayerns fault) and this whole "we're loosing our identity" shit was just a presumed reason to be mad at something. Ancelotti endured less hatred than Pep, even when he signed James noone was complaining about "another spanish dude."

Bayern is the soap opera of Germany, even when nothing is actually going on. They can find a German-as-fuck coach, people will still hate it. If you don't win a triple, you're nothing special. I like Bayern, but a slight decline would be welcome to get some realistic expectations again.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As an outsider I feel Bayern is carrying most of the weight and hopes of German football being German. There is definitely that tint of patriotism/nationalism there. Not too long ago Bayern was supposed to be building around the notion of FC Germany. A couple of weeks ago Effenberg suggested to sell Lewandowski and reportedly said something about "..rather spend money buying German players".

CuleLife4Life

I knew he wasn't going to last when he dropped Muller who is as Bayern as it gets especially after Lahm's retirement.

I defintely think nationalism has a part in it. In every big club, there is always a core group of people from the country of the club (Catalans, Spainards, Germans,etc) who have sway and Ancelotti made a big mistake of alienating the Germans like Muller and Boateng as well as veterans like Robery. Pep defintely got some sh*t everytime he'd buy foreign esp Spanish players.

S2K1985

Chatbot
I knew he wasn't going to last when he dropped Muller who is as Bayern as it gets especially after Lahm's retirement.

I defintely think nationalism has a part in it. In every big club, there is always a core group of people from the country of the club (Catalans, Spainards, Germans,etc) who have sway and Ancelotti made a big mistake of alienating the Germans like Muller and Boateng as well as veterans like Robery. Pep defintely got some sh*t everytime he'd buy foreign esp Spanish players.

The funny thing is, it was the right decision to drop müller. He played very bad for quiet some time

1993Kaan1993

He didn't drop Muller, he played him out of position.

Ancelotti is just an average coach, just like l said before. as you watched him vs PSG, wrong tactics, wrong line up. they sacked him at the end. l would advice them to sign Nagelsman who will be an amazing coach.

Ancelotti wanted to dominate the game vs PSG at away. he had too much confidence. instead, he must have opted for a 1 point as his goal.

PSG is the team to beat in CL at the moment, it looks Real is the only rival with their referee support.

by the way, Alonso was a finished player, while Bernat has amazing tecnique although he misuses his skills because of low football lQ.

They won't be down for too long, even with their lack of spending I fully expect them to pick up both Alexis and Goretzka on frees and be back to challenging for the CL. I'm sure they'll also be able to pick of someone from their farm team BVB for less than 50m as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He didn't drop Muller, he played him out of position.

Ancelotti is just an average coach, just like l said before. as you watched him vs PSG, wrong tactics, wrong line up. they sacked him at the end. l would advice them to sign Nagelsman who will be an amazing coach.

Ancelotti wanted to dominate the game vs PSG at away. he had too much confidence. instead, he must have opted for a 1 point as his goal.

PSG is the team to beat in CL at the moment, it looks Real is the only rival with their referee support.

by the way, Alonso was a finished player, while Bernat has amazing tecnique although he misuses his skills because of low football lQ.

Alonso retired last season. Bernat has been injured. What gives?

Bayern fucked up defensively, offensively they had their chances and all PSG could do, and I gave them a lot of credit for, was playing counters. PSG is offensively very formidable but overall the CL team to beat? You drank too much.

Yannik

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...profis-trainierten-geheim-ohne-ancelotti.html

Bayern players organized secret training sessions without Ancelotti

"All in all, that kicker report is pretty damning. The gist of it (most of it in the print edition):

Robben, Neuer, Müller and Boateng as well as Lahm and Alonso last season complained to the Bayern board about Carlo's training methods. They felt he didn't improve the team or the players. Robben specifically said his son received better training with his youth team than Bayern did with Ancelotti. When the players organized individual training sessions on their own, Ancelotti forbade them. Players then moved to a different location for those training sessions.

His fitness coach was smoking in the locker room and didn't do sufficient warm-up training (according to Kicker: Sometimes only 3 minutes).

Ahead of the game against PSG, for the first time (!!) during his tenure in Munich, video analysis were made, but their results didn't enter the preparation for the game.

There was no in-game coaching. All Ancelotti told them during the draw against Wolfsburg at HT was "you have to watch out better".

Kimmich, Coman and Boateng were thinking about leaving the club.

The team atmosphere was toxic because Ancelotti seemed to favour the Spanish players without an apparent reason."

Home of Barca Fans