Bayern Munchen

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wonder what the heck Lewandowski was complaining about. China and Singapore were too hot in summer for him to handle? Duh, it is summer for God's sake. He just whines too much, always complaining and protesting on the field.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder what the heck Lewandowski was complaining about. China and Singapore were too hot in summer for him to handle? Duh, it is summer for God's sake. He just whines too much, always complaining and protesting on the field.

He's getting tired of losing in the CL and Bayern not signing WC players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's getting tired of losing in the CL and Bayern not signing WC players.

I see. They got quite a few nice additions such as James, Tolisso, Rudy, Sule and Gnabry (loaned out), I don't know who else he is expecting. The only player that they were linked to that they did not get was Alexis but with James, I guess they don't really need him?

They certainly do need a backup striker.

DonAK

I see. They got quite a few nice additions such as James, Tolisso, Rudy, Sule and Gnabry (loaned out), I don't know who else he is expecting. The only player that they were linked to that they did not get was Alexis but with James, I guess they don't really need him?

They certainly do need a backup striker.

They need two new wingers or a game changing attacker.

They're still playing with an old, slow Ribery and Robben is always injured.

I think that's what frustrates him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe they need a sugar daddy to spend half a billion per summer.
Bayern have been among top 3 clubs in recent 5 years or more and are running a great business model and all the while competing for the biggest trophy. Lewa might want to go elsewhere but let's not shit on Bayern because Lewa was always a flirt looking elsewhere.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They need two new wingers or a game changing attacker.

They're still playing with an old, slow Ribery and Robben is always injured.

I think that's what frustrates him.

Yes but when Douglas Costa and Coman were bought in they were supposed to to Robbery's long-term replacements and Douglas Costa fell out of favor after his 2nd season and was loaned out to Juve. I think Gnabry was bought with that intention as well.

As to the gamechanger there weren't many players of that caliber available on the market anyway. James could turn out to be that one, I think.

DonAK

Maybe they need a sugar daddy to spend half a billion per summer.
Bayern have been among top 3 clubs in recent 5 years or more and are running a great business model and all the while competing for the biggest trophy. Lewa might want to go elsewhere but let's not shit on Bayern because Lewa was always a flirt looking elsewhere.

They've been among top 3, but steadily declining the last few years.

Barça been a top 3 club too, but the management and executive structure been a mess. We've been that good despite the problems within the club and Bayern have had the same issues.

They have little competition in the league so they keep racking up those league titles, but had the Dortmund of 2011 been around or Leipzig been on that level, they likely would have lost that too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They've been among top 3, but steadily declining the last few years.

Barça been a top 3 club too, but the management and executive structure been a mess. We've been that good despite the problems within the club and Bayern have had the same issues.

They have little competition in the league so they keep racking up those league titles, but had the Dortmund of 2011 been around or Leipzig been on that level, they likely would have lost that too.

I don't really think they are declining, it was their repeated failure in the CL, particularly against the Spanish teams that highlighted or magnified the so-called problem for them, in my opinion. Their dominance in Bundesliga is not weakening and the two domestic titles are theirs to lose, therefore some Bayern fans had developed this unrealistic expectation of winning the CL and they think only by winning the CL they can prove how successful their season is.

Their squad does show some aging and replacement issues as we pointed out earlier but those are not exclusive to them, if handled well I think they will remain one of the top 3 clubs in the world for a long time.

BerkeleyBernie

A couple of observations watching today's highlights:

It's amazing the longevity that Rafinha has had with the Hollywood team. Kind of like Maxwell's tenure here: always there, does the job, not a star, but dependable. Apparently looking elsewhere now that Lahm's gone and Kimmich is rising.

The creativity of James Rodriguez. This team could really pick up steam as players start to gel together. In Alcantara and Rodriguez you have two great playmakers, and no lack of target front players with clever movement and opportunism in Lewandowski and Muller, with Robben and Ribery still able to contribute.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Few wins in the French league and a 5-0 hammering of Celtic away and you think you're the shit already :lol:

Home of Barca Fans