Bayern Munchen

Devils

I remember when Pep said that he would play to Bayern's strengths and not change it. Personally, I never believed it.

He doesn't have the players to play the football that he wants to play. Obviously he has world class players at his disposal, but not the ones who are knowledgable in dictating a possession based team (at least to a degree where it works against top teams). He inherited a world class team with many players in their prime that were engineered to play aggressive, high pressing attacking football which was exploited by Jupp, but not slower build up possession play.

I can definitely see Pep having success at Bayern through a long term commitment once he gets to build his team and move out the old guard of Bayern. But there is no way fans will have that sort of patience and at the same time I don't think Pep is going to commit long-term to a club in such a way. I was watching actually watching some videos on ESPN where they interviewed Bayern fans and they were absolutely furious at Pep. It's sad to see, and I feel bad for him. He wanted to escape the pressures of Barca and he ended up in a club where the pressure on him is now 100x as it was at Barca because the fanbase has actually turned on him.

I honestly think if we destroy Bayern at the Allianz it will be the breaking point and Pep will leave in the summer.

Last edited:

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Celebrating in front of their own fans? We went trough this when that one guy blamed Bayern for celebrating for Tito's cancer and world hunger after seeing one clip that doesn't show where they are faced.

you read my original comment yes ? someone asked me If they danced around celebrating in our stadium when they beat us (in reponse to me saying I hope our players dance around and celebrate at the allianz arena next week) this is me simply providing evidence to answer his question, whether or not they did it in front of their own fans is not the point of contention here.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
you read my original comment yes ? someone asked me If they danced around celebrating in our stadium when they beat us (in reponse to me saying I hope our players dance around and celebrate at the allianz arena next week) this is me simply providing evidence to answer his question, whether or not they did it in front of their own fans is not the point of contention here.

That is OK when it's Bayern/Muller that does it, but let us not forget it's completely unforgivable if anyone else does.

Those are the german rules .. Obey!

:)

Crews

My bad, misread and saw the sympathy word so I instantly thought it was about the previous case. Barca is allowed to celebrate in front of their fans were they to succeed.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We can celebrate but don't go wild. It's a bit disrespectful to the home team. I remember mourinho's inter (well mourinho mainly) doing a deliberate wind up.

Stric

Henry, Carragher, and the two other fellas had some pretty smart things to say about Bayern after the game last night. Bayern has been very successful throughout their history, and Pep came in at a time when the team peaked again. There's nowhere you can go from there, statistically you can't be better than that. There's nothing to win that the club hadn't won already at some point. The only thing that's left to do is try to win it all again but with a different approach. In that sense, I can understand Pep's stubbornness, although I'm not a fan of it.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I mentioned something like this years ago, though it was more of a bashing of Pep's choice as opposed to considering the future of that Bayern side. Pep shouldn't have gone there, they were already a top side, he'd have been better off going to a side that had the potential to be the best.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[youtube]G2crk8hpwUw[/youtube]
Skip to 5:58 onwards and just watch, clearly you never saw the game, or your memory if very short. We should have no sympathy whatsoever

And it was not even a very rare feat for them... They reached the finals just the previous year!

Andrew M

I mentioned something like this years ago, though it was more of a bashing of Pep's choice as opposed to considering the future of that Bayern side. Pep shouldn't have gone there, they were already a top side, he'd have been better off going to a side that had the potential to be the best.

They have plenty of potential.

Darko

They have been poor this season, toothless in attack and suspectable in defense, just like we were in the season they trashed us, humiliating small teams but losing time and time again agaist big teams. It's almost the exact same scenario.

Home of Barca Fans