Bayern Munchen

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Bayern had surpassed Benfica to become the club with the most registered members.

Meanwhile, we are No.3 with about 177,000 members. I wish it would be easier to become a member. I bet we would have a lot more members if the process to become a member is not this strenuous!

Told you guys so more than 2 months ago IIRC, and none would have it/believe it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Told you guys so more than 2 months ago IIRC, and none would have it/believe it.

I did.

But seriously, anyone can become a Bayern member if you fill out a form and send them 60 euros. On the other hand, to become a Barca member these days is almost impossible, with the "show-up-at-Camp-Nou-every-year-between-July-and-Octobe-for-3-consecutive-years" requirement to keep your commitment card and the fact that your membership is not guaranteed even if you manage to keep up your commitment card. If we have kept it as simple as Bayern does, I really don't doubt we would have many more members.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

I did.

But seriously, anyone can become a Bayern member if you fill out a form and send them 60 euros. On the other hand, to become a Barca member these days is almost impossible, with the "show-up-at-Camp-Nou-every-year-between-July-and-Octobe-for-3-consecutive-years" requirement to keep your commitment card and the fact that your membership is not guaranteed even if you manage to keep up your commitment card. If we have kept it as simple as Bayern does, I really don't doubt we would have many more members.

Haha, that's just stupid elitist thinking by the Barca board or whoever is responsible for upholding that rule.

btw, "many more"... right, arrogance much? ;)

Bertus

I did.

Who knows?

I didn't know Barca membership had amongs the most retarded rules ever O__o

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Haha, that's just stupid elitist thinking by the Barca board or whoever is responsible for upholding that rule.

You're interpreting that wrong. He's not saying that we would have more members than Bayern; he's saying that we would have, undoubtedly, more members than the approximate 177,000 we have right now.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You're interpreting that wrong. He's not saying that we would have more members than Bayern; he's saying that we would have, undoubtedly, more members than the approximate 177,000 we have right now.

Yeah, that may actually be true regarding my wrong interpretation of his words and that is definitely true regarding Barca having many more members without such elitist stupid rule.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

It wasn't this hard before, Rosell made it the way it is, from what I have heard.

As opposed to Bayern which is kind of like a corporation that issues stocks with companies such as Adidas and such holding significant shares, we are truly a club owned by the members. Therefore, I can understand why the club wants to have some sort of control over the membership. Otherwise, you are going to have outside groups that will just eat up the membership by massively applying to become members and then decide/manipulate the fate of the club.

Arrogant? Come on Ryu. Hardly. As much as you can brag about Bayern, it is global footprint can not match the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Manchester United. I remember reading somewhere not too long ago that on social media Barca has the most number of supporters/fans. And I can tell you where I am, there are many more Barca/RM/ManU fans than Bayern fans.

Bertus

It wasn't this hard before, Rosell made it the way it is, from what I have heard.

As opposed to Bayern which is kind of like a corporation that issues stocks with companies such as Adidas and such holding significant shares, we are truly a club owned by the members. Therefore, I can understand why the club wants to have some sort of control over the membership. Otherwise, you are going to have outside groups that will just eat up the membership by massively applying to become members and then decide/manipulate the fate of the club.

Arrogant? Come on Ryu. Hardly. As much as you can brag about Bayern, it is global footprint can not match the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Manchester United. I remember reading somewhere not too long ago that on social media Barca has the most number of supporters/fans. And I can tell you where I am, there are many more Barca/RM/ManU fans than Bayern fans.
The rules are still stupid, sorry to say the least.

There are many, many people that can't travel to spain even once a year but would still pay a little membership fee if they could.

If they want to have control, I am sure they can find some other ways than blocking people who can't travel from the other side of the world.

Hell some people from Europe can't travel to spain that easily.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I am actually saying BOTH. :p

It is my genuine belief that had we opened up membership like Bayern has, we would have attracted A LOT MORE members, not just in Catalonia and Spain, but from around the world. We have one of the biggest fanbase in the world. A lot of folks on the Chinese Barca forum want to become members but can't.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The rules are still stupid, sorry to say the least.

There are many, many people that can't travel to spain even once a year but would still pay a little membership fee if they could.

If they want to have control, I am sure they can find some other ways than blocking people who can't travel from the other side of the world.

Hell some people from Europe can't travel to spain that easily.

Yup, as someone who is fretting over the near impossibility to become a member, I certainly concur the rules are unnecessarily difficult and silly.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How are tourists getting in then?

Bayern's system of releasing tickets is really awkward. Tickets to all their home games are sold out, technically only members can buy tickets from the club directly. Then ticket-holders resell them on secondary markets such as viagogo. Tourists will have to pay a HUGE (by 3, 4, 5, 6 times or more) mark-up in order to buy Bayern home game tickets.

Home of Barca Fans