Bayern Munchen

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Dude, we had Klinsmann at the helm (so basically no manager at all) and Christian Lell (!) had to defend against Messi on the wrong side of the pitch (due to injuries). That basically tells the whole story. :p

Funny how you come up with excuses for losing against the then best team in the world but at the same time apply double standards by saying this:

The results and especially the way the matches went down against City and Arsenal in this season's CL as well as the results last season against Juve and Barca, indicate completely otherwise.

"the way the matches went down against City and Arsenal in this season's CL": City beat you in one leg and needed only one more goal to top the group (not to mention that they approached the first leg like a match in training, but I'll ignore that because you will disagree). Arsenal went down to 10 men. Big deal beating them 2-0.

"last season against Juve and Barca": Dude, we had Tito at the helm who had been absent for months due to his disease (so basically no manager at all), our best player was injured in one leg and out in the other leg, our other key players were knackered, we were without Busquets and had to play with Bartra in defence.

I am not arguing your notion that Bayern is the best team in the world atm but you're being biased and unfair.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Funny how you come up with excuses for losing against the then best team in the world but at the same time apply double standards by saying this:

"the way the matches went down against City and Arsenal in this season's CL": City beat you in one leg and needed only one more goal to top the group (not to mention that they approached the first leg like a match in training, but I'll ignore that because you will disagree). Arsenal went down to 10 men. Big deal beating them 2-0.

"last season against Juve and Barca": Dude, we had Tito at the helm who had been absent for months due to his disease (so basically no manager at all), our best player was injured in one leg and out in the other leg, our other key players were knackered, we were without Busquets and had to play with Bartra in defence.

I am not arguing your notion that Bayern is the best team in the world atm but you're being biased and unfair.

No, it wasn't meant as an excuse in the traditional sense. We lost fair and square and even with a different squad and manager, we still would have lost in that season. Given the circumstances, we can count ourself lucky it was only 1-5 on aggregate, because Barca had mercy.
But still, frikkin Lell and Klinsmann, dude. :p That's how shitty Bayern was in that season.
I'm just saying, back then, the result was hardly a surprise.

Barca in the Bundesliga that season would had been on a similar rampage as Bayern is since last season.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

I wonder what made them do this? And why? To placate BVB fans? Is it a pledge that will be good forever?

A completely unnecessary step in my opinion.

I think they realized that public opinion in Germany has turned against them once again, which is bad for business.
Also they are prolly well aware that it was the incentive following BVB's continued success, which pushed Bayern to new heights. If you suffocate any competition domestically, it can only be bad for your own motivation and general skill level in the long run, especially at the internation stage. To be truly awesome, you need a thorn in your side, someone who constantly pushes you and let's you avoid complacency.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Does any betting operator put forth some sort of "who will win the Bundesliga" bet every year? I think I will get much better returns than my meager CD's. ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think they realized that public opinion in Germany has turned against them once again, which is bad for business.
Also they are prolly well aware that it was the incentive following BVB's continued success, which pushed Bayern to new heights. If you suffocate any competition domestically, it can only be bad for your own motivation and general skill level in the long run, especially at the internation stage. To be truly awesome, you need a thorn in your side, someone who constantly pushes you and let's you avoid complacency.

What's next? A pledge not to sign any players from Schalke (Draxler, Meyer), Leverkusen(Brandt), Hoffenheim(Volland), Stuttgart(Werner), Freiburg(Ginter) etc.? :lol:

Bayern might as well say they won't sign any players from Bundesliga. The whole things smells so immature even though I understand where they are coming from.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, THAT is most likely never gonna happen ;)

Exactly, so what is the point?

Plus, there is not much left with BVB to scavenge anyway (a debilitating Gungodogan and a decling Reus who is deemed not fit to play in a posession-based system, plus Hummels who never wanted to return to Bayern anyway), Bayern will move on to scourge the rest of the Buli teams. ;)

The rest of Germany watch out, the Bavarians are coming!

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Exactly, so what is the point?

Plus, there is not much left with BVB to scavenge anyway (a debilitating Gungodogan and a decling Reus who is deemed not fit to play in a posession-based system, plus Hummels who never wanted to return to Bayern anyway), Bayern will move on to scourge the rest of the Buli teams. ;)

The rest of Germany watch out, the Bavarians are coming!

Though one could argue there is really not much to improve personnel-wise. RB? Maybe. Though Rafinha is actually playing pretty good all season long. But other than that? 1-2 wingers in 2-3 years. But that's it really.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Though one could argue there is really not much to improve personnel-wise. RB? Maybe. Though Rafinha is actually playing pretty good all season long. But other than that? 1-2 wingers in 2-3 years. But that's it really.

Goetze sucks playing as a LW. Ribery is not getting any younger, Shaqiri is not consistent enough, so you might want at least a LW replacement sooner rather than later.

Plus, Bayern loves stacking up players in every position and keeps a Bundesliga-dominating bench team. ;)

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I wonder what made them do this? And why? To placate BVB fans? Is it a ply redge that will be good forever?

A completely unnecessary step in my opinion.

They want to evoke the image of Bayern generously sparing poor BVB in decline to hide the fact that it was them who started weakening BVB. Just as they have done numerous times in the past. It is the same strategy they have followed for decades, weaken their main rival and go on to 'help' them in their time of need.

No offence Ryu, but it is the way Hoeness does his business.

Yup, Sammer said they haven't ruled out signing him and there was supposedly a secret meeting with his agent if I am not mistaken.
In fact Sammer said HE does not rule out signing ANY player in the future, from Germany or not. He also said there's nothing to the story and that they have not made any decisions yet and thus have not agreed on names. Rummenigge denied it too. And the paper who published things about Bayern contacting Draxler's agent also published yesterday that Bayern would only look to strengthen their defence in the summer, so...

And I agree with that and Ryu. Currently only their defence needs strengthening unless one is 100 per cent sure Badstuber makes it.

Plus if they want him, they would convince him of staying at Schalke to buy him in a couple of years and not break their transfer record for him after a season like this. Meyer is a different story. I'm convinced he will end up there. He's a bigger talent too.

Last edited:

Grimwig

Cant get enough of this :p
ce824224c8b3e5eb99def71fad568bd8.gif

how far we've fallen from this level.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
how far we've fallen from this level.

This is not tiki-taka, just some excellent ball-control to evade pressing from the opposing team, in my opinion.

We can still very much do this, yes we are very capable. Just tactically we rarely do it any more.

Home of Barca Fans