Bayern Munchen

R

Ryu Hayabusa

The fact that Bayern are now 19 points clear in the Bundesliga just proves how shit this league really is.

A juggernaut doesn't care about who he crushes... A juggernaut will still remain a juggernaut no matter in which environment you place it.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Most "troubling" for me is that when you look at theri 2009. squad that we destroyed, they added some Youth players, and this year some expensive, but their backbone haven't changed all that much.

Dude, we had Klinsmann at the helm (so basically no manager at all) and Christian Lell (!) had to defend against Messi on the wrong side of the pitch (due to injuries). That basically tells the whole story. :p

ManusXavi

Some say their defence is quite a weak spot if teams can get down that end of the field. I personally believe it won't matter if teams score vs Bayern in Champions League because they are likely to simply score more goals

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Some say their defence is quite a weak spot if teams can get down that end of the field. I personally believe it won't matter if teams score vs Bayern in Champions League because they are likely to simply score more goals

Bayern's defence is only a "weak spot", if you have a team that is able to defeat Bayern's ridiculously high pressing. Very, very few teams can however, let alone over the course of 90 minutes (Arsenal managed to do that in excellent manner for 15 minutes e.g.)

Gaudi

@Ryu
I agree your defence is better, but defence is not creating play...everything else is my point. Maybe it's manager, he creates system

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You always have to come up with something completely irrelevant to the previous comment.

All he is saying, is that the Bundesliga is a one horse race, and will be for years to come due to Bayern having the best team and the money to spend, whereas everyone else in the league doesn't have the team, nor the money, especially Dortmund.

It was in no way irrelevant to the quoted comment.
It surprises me that you didn't seem to have understood the metaphor.
She called the Bundeliga "a joke of a league", implying that in every other big league, Bayern would in fact not be (far) ahead. The results and especially the way the matches went down against City and Arsenal in this season's CL as well as the results last season against Juve and Barca, indicate completely otherwise.

Also, one has to consider Bayern's status as the world's best team atm and the bad shape (mostly due to injuries, but also due to bad management) of their national competition. BVB, Leverkusen and Schalke are not having a great season thus far. Consequently, you have a huge rift atm.

Last edited:

AfricanBavarian

Cant get enough of this :p
ce824224c8b3e5eb99def71fad568bd8.gif

Home of Barca Fans