Serie A 2012/2013

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
gattuso-jacket490ai_0.jpg

“Gattuso is our Coach for next season,” the President told Ita Sport Press. “I can confirm that officially. A club statement will soon be released on the matter.

“We are happy to have such an important personality as Gattuso on our bench, someone who has written important chapters in the history of Italian football.

“I’m sure that with his great experience he will take us immediately back into Serie A.”

Gattuso, who joined Sion from Milan last summer, has limited coaching experience seeing as he took charge of 10 games this term while acting as a player-Coach in Switzerland.

The 35-year-old replaces Giuseppe Sannino after the former Siena boss asked to leave the outfit following relegation to Serie B.

Oh dear :lol:

How long before they clash & he gets fired, place your bets.

Ode to Django

Gattuso as a coach sounds like some comedy gold moments waiting to happen.

he'll probably get fired even before coaching a game, genuinely. Not so much because of him, but Zamparini.

I dunno about Gattuso becoming a coach, not sure if he'll make a good one. I'm sure Seedorf/Inzaghi will though.

XaviMessiGirl

And Pippo Inzaghi announced as the new coach for Milan Primavera (he was coaching a lower level youth team before that). I'm sure he will have a better fate than poor Gattuso :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
In-demand Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic has publicly stated he wants to leave the club in favour of a new challenge.

The Montenegrin striker has been linked with moves to Juventus and Arsenal after an impressive Serie A season in which he scored 13 goals in 31 appearances.

The 23-year-old has been at Fiorentina for five years, after signing from Partizan Belgrade in 2008, and feels the time is right for a switch away from the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

“I’ve been at Fiorentina in 2008, five very intense seasons,” Jovetic told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I really feel like I’ve given everything. I’m young and ambitious and it is normal to feel the need to test myself elsewhere. I do not think there’s anything wrong with desire.

“Florence and la Viola (club’s) fans have always asked me to be upfront: so here it is. I need stimulation elsewhere, I need to devote myself in a top club.

“I’ve played in Europe with Fiorentina, now I want to win in Europe.”

Fiorentina are expected to command a fee of over 25 million euros to sell Jovetic, who says he is honoured to be linked with a move to the back-to-back Serie A winners, Juventus.

But with Arsenal set to embark on an off-season spending spree, in a bid to challenge for the Premier League title, he also declared himself keen on a switch to England, while he did not rule out Spain either.

“For a year they (Juventus) have said they want me,” he said.

“I come before (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic, (Carlos) Tevez and (Gonzalo) Higuain in their list. Who would not be flattered?

“With (Juventus manager Antonio) Conte I feel that I could continue to grow. I think the feeling is mutual.

“But the Premier League is also fantastic championship, as is La Liga. I have some opportunities so we’ll see.”

Ode to Django

tumblr_moqst5ykpD1r7xliwo2_500.jpg

Bossman.

Gattuso unveiled by Palermo
By Football Italia staff

Gennaro Gattuso says he had no hesitation in accepting to become the new Coach of Palermo. “I would have done it for free.”

The now former midfielder was unveiled to the media on Friday after he replaced Giuseppe Sannino on the Rosanero bench.

“We didn’t talk money,” Gattuso, who joins the Serie B side after rescinding his playing contract at Sion, commented. “When you are given such an opportunity at the age of 35 you instantly say yes.”

The 2006 World Cup winner is a surprise choice given that this will be his first full-time coaching position.

“I know that I have no experience, but I’ve played football for 20 years,” he underlined. “I haven’t been a fisherman or a builder.

“But this is a big club, it will be like working in the Champions League for me.”

The Milan legend is also banking on the fact that he has been coached by some talented tacticians over the last 20 years.

“All my Coaches have given me something, but I have my character and my way of seeing things,” he added.

“Could I be the new Antonio Conte? I hope so, but I want to give an identity to this team and you all know my DNA.

“With my limited ability I won 75 caps for Italy, while winning the World Cup and trophies for Milan.

“We have to work hard, we have to massacre our opponents.”

The decision to move to Sicily has also raised eyebrows as President Maurizio Zamparini is known for his hiring and firing nature.

“Zamparini wants to construct a great side. He believes in me and has already shown that. I’m sure we will work well together.

“We are building a team to play with a 4-2-3-1, which we would alternate with a diamond in midfield. But what counts is balance.

“Do I have any fear? I don’t bandage my head up before getting hurt. I don't put in stitches unless I see blood.”

--

:lol: Champion.

Come on Rino!

GennaroGattuso_1432376.jpg

I don't think he'll have many problems motivating, very intense.

I'd do everything he tells me too, otherwise you'll receive a battering

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans