Serie A 2012/2013

XaviMessiGirl

First of all, this isn't just exclusive to me, other mods have been stepping in here as well. And as awesome as it would be for me to be able to control the actions of all the other mods (insert menacing laugh here), I do not :p It's a consensus that we don't want to allow constant ranting about things if you don't have a strong argument to back it up. You probably didn't see some of the stuff that was said last season either, it's a huge problem when the majority of someone's posts are of a similar manner. And sure I'm a Serie A fan, but I still have zero reason to ever defend Milan.

I'm certainly aware there's been (and in all likelihood there still is) corruption in Italian football. In fact when Scommessopoli broke I was the one reporting the majority of it on the forum. There were a few decent discussions on the topic in last season's Serie A thread. But the difference is that in this case there was probable cause, there was an active investigation going on.

But again, it's not even about that entirely - it's about someone's history on the forum, whose posts largely consist of pointing fingers at other clubs while maintaining that his own is innocent.

ejuventus

personally, I never posted anything faulse.
Never. Here or in any other forum.

I know well things. I read official documents and not newpapers.
What I talk about are facts and official sources: not voices, not rumours, not populism.

Football is part of life, so it has to respect all the good laws of it: respect, sincerity, and so on.
I wouldn't like my team winning if they don't respect them. Supporting a team doesn't allow to tread on them.
Football is sport, is joy...... and if we break civil life for it, it's impossible to have joy.

I ensure all of you that bad things happened in italian football, very bad. And they're not regarding Juve.
Prosecutors who lied in public trial against Juve; public investigators that hidden things to make Juve's role anormal instead of the simply normality for every team;
journalists who have been faulsifying every single aspect of the things; Federation managed by employees of rival teams; direct illecits made by other club that have been incredibly rewarded; Juve relegated and championships nullified WITHOUT A SINGLE MATCH FIXED; and so on ....

All that is easily verifiable, and on youtube there are all the other teams' calls published.

For who didn't know, there was also a probably murder in that story: the private Inter's detective died suicide (?) in Naples when the biggest scandal went off....the scandal of interceptions on EVERY Italy's executive in all sectors: politics, economics, show business, etc. etc.
Telecom Italia (owned by Inter's owner) set up a massive system of interception, to help their owners in their business in all fields. Football was only a small part of it, even if the most publicized. Misteriously, the chief detective of that system of spying (ordered by Mr. Tronchetti Provera) "threw himself down" from a brigde in Naples when all started to come on surface. The trial is still going on in Milan, even if it misses the biggest witness.

I don't want to call all that in, if you're not interested.
But I have all the right to make you open eyes when there are facts on that way, because they effect significantly italian football.

Regarding the last match, I never said it was object of corruption.
I remark only that the day after, Gazzetta dello Sport had a big title saying "Prandelli says: I'm with Balotelli about racist chorus"
The typical style of a newpaper of regim: divert the attention.
The news was Balotelli yes, but ...be careful ..... not about his simulation, not not.......about he's being a victim, or even a heroe.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Milan won't do fuck all in the CL next season anyway (and Milan is my favourite Italian team) so even if there was corruption for third place (which I'm not saying there was) Milan won't win fuck all next season and will still be in the same position (2nd or 3rd) and either a R16 or quarter final CL team. So its not like it will be majorly effective in winning trophies or being a threat in europe. Not going to happen with this Milan squad.

Actually for Italy coefficient Serie A lovers should be happy Milan got a CL place because they'll do more than what Fiorentina would do.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
As an aside this season Bundesliga HAS shown it does deserve 4 CL spots ahead of Serie A. Can't see a reverse of this until another serie a team joins Juventus in being serious threats to win CL* - as you'll need more than one Serie A club to help get back the 4 spots.

* Hopefully this will be Milan once the reinvigoration of the squad is complete and they decide to appoint a competent manager.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Milan won't do fuck all in the CL next season anyway (and Milan is my favourite Italian team) so even if there was corruption for third place (which I'm not saying there was) Milan won't win fuck all next season and will still be in the same position (2nd or 3rd) and either a R16 or quarter final CL team. So its not like it will be majorly effective in winning trophies or being a threat in europe. Not going to happen with this Milan squad.

Actually for Italy coefficient Serie A lovers should be happy Milan got a CL place because they'll do more than what Fiorentina would do.

Well that would be natural as it's a transitional period, but you don't know that. Milan have played consistently well (performance wise) the whole season, many bright spots. IMO Montolivo was the best midfielder in Serie A this season likewise Mexes the best defender over the course. Defense is OK, Allegri sets it up well, Another midfielder to go with Montolivo and De Jong (who was out 3/4 of season) & an already very good and young forward line, you add another midfielder or two & you have a very good side. Also Allegri is a competent manager, not the best but certainly very good. Handled a squad full of nutters Cassano, Robinho, Ibra etc. with barely any issues, Milan have the highest possesion on average in Serie A this season with fodder midfielders aside from Montolivo & Ambrosini at times. He is very impressive in my book.

But as far as the CL goes, well i'd prefer to reserve judgement until transfer window shuts, we've already signed Saponara who looks very talented. I think writing them off so quickly is very silly. But again who knows yet.

As far as the Bundesliga, outside the top two is nothing special with Dortmund being taken apart, but i'll not diss it too much. But what i will say is the top half is Serie A is very strong, as strong as any other league infact, no doubt in my mind. It's back on the up, certainly after this season, the quality is there.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I disagree.

Bundesliga deserve the 4 spots. It will allow the 3rd and 4th placed teams like Leverkusen or Hamburg for example to build their team further and be stronger.

If you are really honest with yourself you'll admit that even though Serie A's clubs have bigger reputations or are more reknowned i.e. Roma, Lazio, Inter, Napoli that doesn't make them better teams than the likes of Leverkusen, Schalke or Hamburg.

Are the likes of Bologna, Sampdoria, Atalanta, Torino or Parma really more superior than the likes of Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Borussia Monchengladbach or Hannover?

For me no and as I said with the Bundesliga have 4 teams in CL and the 3rd and 4th placed teams getting stronger then I think there is bright future for Bundesliga.

Serie A though has definitely improved though over the past 2-3 years. Juventus are becoming a power house again and will surely challenge for the CL next season. Milan are getting stronger but still I do believe need a better manager but they are in a stage of development where they are a few years off from properly challenging. Napoli under Rafa will be tough to be but will be losing Cavani. Roma, Lazio, Udinese are much of a muchness. Inter are a lost cause.

So yeah you say Bundesliga outside top two isn't anything special but outside Juventus is there anything special either?

Anyway I don't think there is anything remarkable about the premier league or la liga at the moment either tbh.

All those leagues apart from Bundesliga are in a downward spiral really.

XaviMessiGirl

One thing is sure that I don't expect Napoli to be in the top 3 next season. Lost their coach, will lose Cavani and Mazzarri wants to bring like half the rest of the team to Inter :lol:

XaviMessiGirl

There was HT entertainment? During the Rome derby? Just sounds like a bad idea to begin with.

Apparently the Roma ultras were throwing rocks/other objects at the team bus after the loss. Ugh.

Home of Barca Fans