France

impeh

Hi, its me..
Laurent Blanc has left his job as manager of the French national team after his contract came to an end.

The 46-year-old, who has been linked with the vacant Tottenham post, took over from Raymond Domenech in 2010.
Like his predecessor, Blanc endured infighting between players which he admitted had been a distraction before their Euro 2012 quarter-final defeat against Spain.
Marseille boss Didier Deschamps is the early favourite to replace Blanc.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Laurent Blanc has left his job as manager of the French national team after his contract came to an end.

The 46-year-old, who has been linked with the vacant Tottenham post, took over from Raymond Domenech in 2010.
Like his predecessor, Blanc endured infighting between players which he admitted had been a distraction before their Euro 2012 quarter-final defeat against Spain.
Marseille boss Didier Deschamps is the early favourite to replace Blanc.

Very surprised at that. Blanc should have had more time with the national team to implement his vision and strategy onto the team. I fail to see Deschamps as better than Blanc.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Deschamps is good, he is also a meanie, he won't allow of ill disciplined players.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Until a leader emerges in the squad, Les Bleus will continue to self destruct...regardless of who is coach

Beast

The Observer
Well no one cares about HBA except HBA ... so don't worry we won't lose any sleep

Lolo was right to leave ,he made couple of mistakes that shouldn't have done them
Didi is harsh and will maintain results over anything which suits tournaments like this but will have all the critics on his back

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well no one cares about HBA except HBA ... so don't worry we won't lose any sleep

Lolo was right to leave ,he made couple of mistakes that shouldn't have done them
Didi is harsh and will maintain results over anything which suits tournaments like this but will have all the critics on his back

Blanc should have had more time. FFS you gave Domenech 3 tournaments!!! Blanc could only do so much in 2 years. France do lack leaders on the pitch, that much is true. However I do feel Blanc has been harsly treated.

Beast

The Observer
He wants to go back to club coaching .. he should have waited a little bit
He is a great manager or will be but there is no doubt he made so many naive mistakes in the last 2 games
DomDom was a different era and different officials

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He wants to go back to club coaching .. he should have waited a little bit
He is a great manager or will be but there is no doubt he made so many naive mistakes in the last 2 games
DomDom was a different era and different officials

Should have seen if he learned from those mistakes. All managers make mistakes it is if you learn from them or not that matters. If he wants go back to club coaching I can understand, however he should have gone after wc 2014.

Hatem Ben Arfa

something tells me that Patrice Evra will be targeted tonight by certain Uruguay players, Lugano in particular.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some fireworks in this match.

Anyone think Uruguay players will refuse to shake Evra's hand?

I just have a feeling this will be a heated match. It's been a while since I've seen a good ruckus on a football pitch.

DucdeOrléans

Impressed by the progress and maturity shown by Varane and Pogba. They look like real prospects. Not surprised by Raphael's progress though. Always looked a level or two above his counterparts. The talent pool is definitely there it just has to be utilized in a right way then there is a great chance of repeating past successes.

The EURO's in 2016 at home could be a good start.

misterplatin

Impressed by the progress and maturity shown by Varane and Pogba. They look like real prospects. Not surprised by Raphael's progress though. Always looked a level or two above his counterparts. The talent pool is definitely there it just has to be utilized in a right way then there is a great chance of repeating past successes.

The EURO's in 2016 at home could be a good start.

Just wondered that if we compare the present time to 90s ,it is quite similar to what France experienced 4 years before home world-cup in 98. At that time France produced some very good talents who stepped up at the WC .Now with 3 years left, which players do you see as leaders of the team at next Euros ? More importantly do you see a player being the creative force of team the way Zizou was in 98 ?

Home of Barca Fans