France

DucdeOrléans

Just copying my post from the World Cup 2014 qualifications thread.
Thanks for all the well wishes guys. I was ready to call it a day after the dreadful first-leg match performance. But for once in recent memory the team made the country proud. I am still not the biggest fan of Deschamps but he knows what it takes to win the World Cup and has proven himself as a manager before on the highest level. This might be a turnaround. The team was actually performing really well overall since the EURO last year but the performance in Kiev destroyed all that work and left a really bad impression.

Anyway what also pleased me after yesterday's result was the big fuck you message that the team delivered in the direction of the unbearable local journalists.

I hope to see such scenes as those below in the near future although it is not realistic.

Now all the past World Cup winners are also qualified.

A World Cup with France and Italy. Will be great fun.

They should call up Morgan Schneiderlin. Seriously. He has been the best performing DM in the premier league this season.

Who is that? Never heard about him.

The midfield is the last worry of the team. Especially the DM position which is very strong.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Just copying my post from the World Cup 2014 qualifications thread.

Who is that? Never heard about him.

The midfield is the last worry of the team. Especially the DM position which is very strong.

He's better than Matuidi, Mavuba and Capoue I'd say. Plays for Southampton. I'd have him as back up to Pogba and Gonalons.

Although saying that he is also qualified for England now and is better than all of the DM's in the england squad.

Never heard of that guy as well.
@ Ode to Django C'mon man Matuidi surely is one of France's best assets ! He's everywhere on the pitch, he's there to win. In my eyes he's a very special player

pEllee

They'd be better placed if they had somebody better than Matuidi. Also not a fan of Deschamps as a coach.

Glad they made it though

:beer2:

Are more people finally starting to realise how overrated he really is? It's about time. Can't stand all the football hipsters trying to convince everyone how underrated he is. When it's the opposite.

Matuidi is a gem. I watched him a lot during PSG's last season and he was as important as TS or Ibra
He had sub-par performances against Spain with France and maybe that where the criticism is coming for. I'm sure he will increasingly deliver for the NT

I

instinct

BniRpAsIMAAWOZ2.jpg

loool Nasri not there :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Matuidi is a gem. I watched him a lot during PSG's last season and he was as important as TS or Ibra
He had sub-par performances against Spain with France and maybe that where the criticism is coming for. I'm sure he will increasingly deliver for the NT

I felt similarly about the player although I'm not entirely convinced we've not already seen the best out of him...He's 27 and well into his prime for his position, I just wonder whether there's more to his game or better consistency...There was a period though where he looked like a rising star

Home of Barca Fans