France

FCBfan22

France's key to success was Umtiti and Varane clicking together at last IMO.

They are the heroes of this team.

Sorin

That and VAR being an inconsistent system. You can review actions that lead to penalties(even questionable ones) but not shite like Griezmann diving(leading to goal) or Hazard being mugged, without any sanction, several times just outside France's box in the semifinals. Anyway, not really undeserved but thought that the fine decisions had always favored France in these last stages.

Joan

It all could've been avoided if they had let us win the match.

Shame on you, French NT.

Altomonte

I don't understand why there is no mention of the unfair FIFA decision (same in all world cups, remember Germany being stronger than Argentina in extra time 2014?) to let one finalist have 4 days of rest and the other one only 3 days. This year it was even worse than usual because of 3 Croatia matches going into extra time.
Nobody cares about bronze medal match, but giving England only 2 days of rest was giving Belgium an automatic victory.
FIFA should have scheduled bronze match on Sunday, gold match on Monday, for medical reasons.

I am now looking forward to Club matches, I want to see beautiful football again. WC was big disappointment, quite destructive tactics winning most of the time.
What happened to Messi was a disgrace, always 3 players on him. Barça can deal with such tactics, ARG NT could not.

There is no doubt that Barça or Real Madrid would beat Spain NT, that Man City, Man United or Tottenham would beat England NT, that PSG would (probably) beat France NT.
Exceptions may have been Croatia and Belgium, their NT's were balanced and played nice football.
Still, Man City would beat Belgium and Barça or Real Madrid would easily beat Croatia or Argentina.

I watched most WC matches but clearly enjoy much more to watch best club matches.

Very difficult to use WC results as criteria to pick best player (ballon d'or), but 2018 could (should?) be the year where a midfielder or defender could win.

If winning both CL and WC would be chosen as criterion for ballon d'or, the obvious candidate should be Varane! Why not? Or Modriç who led Croatia to the Final and lost because FIFA's neglect of basic human physiology facts.

Maybe 10 years of Messi and Ronaldo dominance are enough. Hard for me to say that because for me Messi remains the #1. His big mistake was to pick ARG as his NT, thereby depriving himself of 2-3 ballon d'ors and depriving Spain of at least two more big wins of WC/UEFA EC.

soul24rage

[tw]1106187915401543682[/tw]

I'm happy that Umtiti got selected as he can gain some match fitness.

Although I'm also happy that Lenglet wasn't selected as we'll need him rested, I'm very surprised he wasn't selected after a string of good performances.

tacticvarium

No Laporte, No Lenglet:lol:

Deschamps: "Clement [Lenglet] does not have international experience yet, although it is a bit because of me."

This dumb manager is fucking hilarious

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
Everyone saying Mbappe Benzema Griezmann trio will do wonders, i doubt that. I think it will not work and Griezmann likely to suffer.

I would like to see Mbappe Benzema Coman/Dembele

FC433

France U21 just got knocked out by Holland. Their starting 11 were:

Ikone Edouard Diaby

Aouar Tchouameni Soumare

Maouassa Upamecano Konate Dagba

Meslier

Some of their bench players were: Caqueret, Camavinga, and both Monaco's starting CBs. That is crazy and unexpected (did not watch the game).

Porque

Really surprised to see that result. Saw HT score, checked the lineups and thought "they got this".

Best players don't make the best team as the cliche goes.

Not that Netherlands ware lacking talent though. Some good players in there team too.

Andresito

Staff member
That French U21 team is Barcaforum's wet dream. Tbf French youngsters are always underwhelming when playing together.

Jenks

That French U21 team is Barcaforum's wet dream. Tbf French youngsters are always underwhelming when playing together.

Especially at U21 level. I remember them going years without qualifying, even with ridiculously talented teams.

Home of Barca Fans