France

Deschamps certainly is quite chauvinistic. But the thing is, even racists have to work with PoC from day one in football. So don't know just how that would affect his football choices. Anyway, it's not like he makes good football choices to begin with.

One thing's for sure, benz & ben arfa, along with Nasri and others, have only strengthened the stereotypes about young french-maghrebin which are pretty much accepted by all segments of the population, and true in many cases. They dug their own grave, especially ben arfa. And Cantona is right, people do mix things up.

The reality is that it would've taken little effort from a guy of Benzema's status to be very well liked, which is frustrating considering the dramatic influence these people have on the collective psyche or whatever.

MATHIEU OUT, UMTITI IN :lol:

Terrible luck for Mathieu. He risked it all with his surgery a couple months ago on the very slim chance he'd get playing time for the Euro. And now he's out just when it looked like it was going to happen.

Varane, Zouma, Laporte, Sakho, Mathieu :staringpep:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporte wouldn't get picked when he#s out for several months

Yeah, I meant him not getting called up in friendlies and qualifiers prior to that.

It was obvious that Deschamps wouldn't call him up unless his hands were forced.

Deschamps certainly is quite chauvinistic. But the thing is, even racists have to work with PoC from day one in football. So don't know just how that would affect his football choices. Anyway, it's not like he makes good football choices to begin with.

One thing's for sure, benz & ben arfa, along with Nasri and others, have only strengthened the stereotypes about young french-maghrebin which are pretty much accepted by all segments of the population, and true in many cases. They dug their own grave, especially ben arfa. And Cantona is right, people do mix things up.

The reality is that it would've taken little effort from a guy of Benzema's status to be very well liked, which is frustrating considering the dramatic influence these people have on the collective psyche or whatever.

Looks like Ben Arfa has understood that now. For now at least. Nasri is just a douchebag and Benz has probably never been the brightest person in the room(any room :lol:) so there's that too.

Although there are other examples like Mahrez I guess, even though he doesn't play for France.

Last edited:
Yeah, I meant him not getting called up in friendlies and qualifiers prior to that.

It was obvious that Deschamps wouldn't call him up unless his hands were forced.

Looks like Ben Arfa has understood that now. For now at least. Nasri is just a douchebag and Benz has probably never been the brightest person in the room(any room :lol:) so there's that too.

Although there are other examples like Mahrez I guess, even though he doesn't play for France.

Tbf Ben arfa has already given me cold feet with saying stuff like "i have received offers from 18 different clubs" :lol: who says that ?
And saying he's extremely ambitious etc etc.. gone way over the top. On the other hand, he stated out loud that playing time guarantees and such matter a lot to him, so I expect him to go back to Lyon.

Of course many players of the same profile are much smarter. But the aforementioned three are feeding the frenzy so to speak.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The entire French team falling like a pack of cards.

Who's next? Pogba? Matuidi?

Cantona is brilliantly trolling Deschamps (not condoning his accusations though):

"Word is he wants to take me to court. That would truly be the first time he'd switch from a defensive position to an offensive one... he'll find out it's not easy."

Antimadridista1

Yep their chance won't last very long. I think that they could actually handle Spain because France is dangerous on the counter-attack and would fancy a situation where they would have to defend but against Germany or Italy it would be different imo.

Pablo Escobar

They need this to win:

13411770_1421518801197296_5870602275021065181_o.jpg

Home of Barca Fans