France

Zouma,Sakho,Laporte,Benzema and now Varane? that is basically a complete solid CB rotation along
Also I am not sure how Deschamps fielding Mangala would be favoritism?He only have Mangala,Mathieu,Koscielny & Varane;Only Koscielny is probably starter right now and I think between all the remaining Mangala might be the best option

If Varane is out Umtiti will be called up in his stead. I personally wanted him in the list ahead of mangala to begin with.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So from not calling Laporte to not calling up Umtiti who was in the preliminary squad and preferring Rami instead. Rami who's not played for France since 2013.

Deschamps certainly like to handpick his defenders lol

khaled_a_d

But isn't Rami very solid CB with Sevilla?Whenever I watch him I think he is actually performing well.I am asking not debating btw
Also does this mean that Varane chances for the Euro are over?

DonAK is right. Rami was not even in the preliminary list.

Yes Varane is out.
Rami is a poor man's ramos. Big, error prone, hell of a temper.
There's a moment in extra time of the copa final when Emery specifically looked at Rami and gestured too be smart and focus :lol:

But I haven't watched him play for years save for the odd game... hopefully won't have to. Mathieu - Koscielny baby.

Seriously, let's buy Umtiti. When Aulas asks for more, just tell him he's France's 8th choice CB :lol:

Last edited:

Antimilan

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but the fact is that Rami was one of the best CB's in Europe this season. You should watch a player perform more before judging, and I'm not talking only because he's in Sevilla, he was pretty good with Valencia too, before almost getting ruined in Italy.

After the injuries of Pareja and Carrico, Rami took care of the CB area single-handed, as he had to babysit Kolo all the time.

Umtiti? Does he play in a top 3 league? Did he lead his team to the EL and CDR final with almost no help in his area? The margin for error surely was minimal to non existent in this case.

It would be a pity anyway not to call Rami... as the lack of a call for Gameiro is already shameful. Giroud? Give me a break!

I thought that after all these years, at least the fans of teams in La Liga wouldn't underestimate such players.

barcafan161

So from not calling Laporte to not calling up Umtiti who was in the preliminary squad and preferring Rami instead. Rami who's not played for France since 2013.

Deschamps certainly like to handpick his defenders lol

Laporte wouldn't get picked when he#s out for several months

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but the fact is that Rami was one of the best CB's in Europe this season. You should watch a player perform more before judging, and I'm not talking only because he's in Sevilla, he was pretty good with Valencia too, before almost getting ruined in Italy.

After the injuries of Pareja and Carrico, Rami took care of the CB area single-handed, as he had to babysit Kolo all the time.

Umtiti? Does he play in a top 3 league? Did he lead his team to the EL and CDR final with almost no help in his area? The margin for error surely was minimal to non existent in this case.

It would be a pity anyway not to call Rami... as the lack of a call for Gameiro is already shameful. Giroud? Give me a break!

I thought that after all these years, at least the fans of teams in La Liga wouldn't underestimate such players.

First off my gripe is with Deschamps and the fact is he's never shown any interest in Rami this season.

Should I really watch him more before judging ? No, I explicitly pointed out i hadn't for years, so what's the problem ? I'm not about to watch twenty sevilla games to earn an opinion on here.
It's also poorly phrased as i've actually seen more games from rami than yourself :lol:

Now, obviously form of the moment matters (for a players who's barely played 50 games in the previous three seasons) and that's why I specified not watching sevilla. It's possible that he will have a good euro but I reckon his fundamental characteristics didn't change much. Btw he already fucked up by saying that Deschamps told him to go to Sevilla and not Lyon, which echoed what the current Lyon coach said of Deschamps (with regards to snubbing Lyon and L1 players in favor of internationals).
Deschamps is furious and slammed both in the press.

Last edited:

Antimilan

First off my gripe is with Deschamps and the fact is he's never shown any interest in Rami this season.

Should I really watch him more before judging ? No, I explicitly pointed out i hadn't for years, so what's the problem ? I'm not about to watch twenty sevilla games to earn an opinion on here.
It's also poorly phrased as i've actually seen more games from rami than yourself :lol:

Now, obviously form of the moment matters (for a players who's barely played 50 games in the previous three seasons) and that's why I specified not watching sevilla. It's possible that he will have a good euro but I reckon his fundamental characteristics didn't change much. Btw he already fucked up by saying that Deschamps told him to go to Sevilla and not Lyon, which echoed what the current Lyon coach said of Deschamps (with regards to snubbing Lyon and L1 players in favor of internationals).
Deschamps is furious and slammed both in the press.

I wasn't referring to your statements exclusively.

Anyway, Sevilla is way better than Lyon, and it was for a long long time, so it turns out that Deschamps had a vital suggestion for Rami.

Rami will not play though. There are Mangala, Koscielny, Mathieu... all will be fielded before Rami, and that's a shame! Except Mangala, no one deserves a starting spot other than him.

National team is about the form of the moment, so all your points don't stand valid, as you're referring to the past. Still I can't believe how people underestimate a beast like Rami. Each to their own anyway.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Since Varane is injured and Benzema didn't get called up, I hope they get destroyed. I hope that they flop majorly and embarass themselves. That would also be useful because Pogba's price could skyrocket if he performs well and if they go far.

El Flaco

Eric Cantona believes Didier Deschamps may have left out France players on racial grounds

Benzema is a great player. Ben Arfa is a great player. But Deschamps, he has a really French name. Maybe he is the only one in France to have a truly French name. Nobody in his family mixed with anybody, you know. Like the Mormons in America.

“So I’m not surprised he used the situation of Benzema not to take him. Especially after Valls said he should not play for France. And Ben Arfa is maybe the best player in France today. But they have some origins. I am allowed to think about that.”

“Maybe no, but maybe yes. Why not? Oe thing is for sure – Benzema and Ben Arfa are two of the best players in France and will not play the European Championship. And for sure, Benzema and Ben Arfa, their origins are north African. So, the debate is open.”

“For sure, if France win the European Championship the politicians will use that success – just as they did [after the World Cup] in ’98. But it’s just politics. The people from the right, they use this situation. They mix everything. They mix up Daesh, the bombing, the refugees. We have to be cleverer. There are people here who really need help. They are the ones we should think about.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...deschamps-may-left-out-players-racial-grounds

Home of Barca Fans