User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 252

Thread: France

  1. #1
    mitkoa7x
    Guest

    France

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    From @mattspiro

    Laurent Blanc keen to carry on with France and has decided to dispense with Nasri indefinitely regardless of suspension, say L'Equipe.

  2. #2
    Hi, its me..
    impeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laurent Blanc has left his job as manager of the French national team after his contract came to an end.

    The 46-year-old, who has been linked with the vacant Tottenham post, took over from Raymond Domenech in 2010.
    Like his predecessor, Blanc endured infighting between players which he admitted had been a distraction before their Euro 2012 quarter-final defeat against Spain.
    Marseille boss Didier Deschamps is the early favourite to replace Blanc.

  3. #3
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by impeh View Post
    Laurent Blanc has left his job as manager of the French national team after his contract came to an end.

    The 46-year-old, who has been linked with the vacant Tottenham post, took over from Raymond Domenech in 2010.
    Like his predecessor, Blanc endured infighting between players which he admitted had been a distraction before their Euro 2012 quarter-final defeat against Spain.
    Marseille boss Didier Deschamps is the early favourite to replace Blanc.
    Very surprised at that. Blanc should have had more time with the national team to implement his vision and strategy onto the team. I fail to see Deschamps as better than Blanc.

  4. #4
    Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Raed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,776
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deschamps is good, he is also a meanie, he won't allow of ill disciplined players.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

  5. #5
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    8,922
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until a leader emerges in the squad, Les Bleus will continue to self destruct...regardless of who is coach
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Hatem Ben Arfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deschamps?

    that is not good news for HBA. They fell out big time at Marseilles.

  7. #7
    The Observer
    Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,777
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well no one cares about HBA except HBA ... so don't worry we won't lose any sleep

    Lolo was right to leave ,he made couple of mistakes that shouldn't have done them
    Didi is harsh and will maintain results over anything which suits tournaments like this but will have all the critics on his back
    Say NO to "Gif" signature

  8. #8
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Well no one cares about HBA except HBA ... so don't worry we won't lose any sleep

    Lolo was right to leave ,he made couple of mistakes that shouldn't have done them
    Didi is harsh and will maintain results over anything which suits tournaments like this but will have all the critics on his back
    Blanc should have had more time. FFS you gave Domenech 3 tournaments!!! Blanc could only do so much in 2 years. France do lack leaders on the pitch, that much is true. However I do feel Blanc has been harsly treated.

  9. #9
    The Observer
    Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,777
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wants to go back to club coaching .. he should have waited a little bit
    He is a great manager or will be but there is no doubt he made so many naive mistakes in the last 2 games
    DomDom was a different era and different officials
    Say NO to "Gif" signature

  10. #10
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    He wants to go back to club coaching .. he should have waited a little bit
    He is a great manager or will be but there is no doubt he made so many naive mistakes in the last 2 games
    DomDom was a different era and different officials
    Should have seen if he learned from those mistakes. All managers make mistakes it is if you learn from them or not that matters. If he wants go back to club coaching I can understand, however he should have gone after wc 2014.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Yugo Count Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    691
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was glad to hear Blanc left, he should have left before this tournament.
    Muhamed Besic

  12. #12
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deschamps is the new France coach.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Hatem Ben Arfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something tells me that Patrice Evra will be targeted tonight by certain Uruguay players, Lugano in particular.

    I wouldn't be surprised if there are some fireworks in this match.

    Anyone think Uruguay players will refuse to shake Evra's hand?

    I just have a feeling this will be a heated match. It's been a while since I've seen a good ruckus on a football pitch.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    DucdeOrléans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paris - Neuilly-sur-Seine
    Posts
    1,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressed by the progress and maturity shown by Varane and Pogba. They look like real prospects. Not surprised by Raphael's progress though. Always looked a level or two above his counterparts. The talent pool is definitely there it just has to be utilized in a right way then there is a great chance of repeating past successes.

    The EURO's in 2016 at home could be a good start.

  15. #15
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DucdeOrléans View Post
    Impressed by the progress and maturity shown by Varane and Pogba. They look like real prospects. Not surprised by Raphael's progress though. Always looked a level or two above his counterparts. The talent pool is definitely there it just has to be utilized in a right way then there is a great chance of repeating past successes.

    The EURO's in 2016 at home could be a good start.
    Just wondered that if we compare the present time to 90s ,it is quite similar to what France experienced 4 years before home world-cup in 98. At that time France produced some very good talents who stepped up at the WC .Now with 3 years left, which players do you see as leaders of the team at next Euros ? More importantly do you see a player being the creative force of team the way Zizou was in 98 ?