Holland

khaled_a_d

Blind?? Where did that idea come from? Is he any better than Hiddink?

He was always there to take over ,it was said b4 that he is Hiddink heir when Hiddink was appointed .sort of like Rijkaard was Hiddink assistant to take over affte he left in 1998

Jenks

Slightly OT, but do people from the Netherlands get annoyed when we call their country Holland?

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I don't think he really lost the dressing room. If anything, he was not authorative enough; this team doesn't strike me as having a lot of difficult personalities to handle.
Hiddink just seemed to have lost his usual sharpness. In matches, he seemed to constantly chop and change, even after succesful games. He looked clueless. There was no stability to the team, and all Hiddink seemed to do was complain about the quality of the team. While this is not our best team ever, we still managed to end 3rd in the World Cup, so being in 3rd place in the qualification group is nothing short of a disgrace. In press conferences, he looked like a man with Alzheimer's, struggling to put together coherent sentences. I didn't expect him to fail this miserably, but he made us play so bad this year that Blind can hardly fuck it up more. Blind, though, is very inexperienced as a manager, so I fear we won't reach the level we could reach in EURO 2016, provided we qualify of course.

Then again, should we fail in 2016 or before, we could hire a better manager after the EUROS. De Boer and/or Koeman might be available then, while they weren't now.

Van Basten will be Blind's assistant, which is also a peculiar choice. Van Basten stepped down as the manager of AZ Alkmaar last year, as he felt he was not up to the job. He preferred not being the manager anymore, so he was voluntarily demoted to the role of assistant manager. Now, 11 years after starting as the manager of the Dutch national team himself, he will be Blind's assistant. Again, I think Van Basten, while being a football legend, is not a particularly skilled manager or assistant manager. He's just good friends with Blind, which is probably why he landed the job. Then again, he has some valuable experience as a manager of the national team. I would've preferred a more experienced, tactically qualified assistant though, although it's hard to think of the best option there.

Jesse1509

I'm already looking forward to EURO 2016. We might be a contender then as well. With Strootman hopefully not out again, we could have a very solid midfield. I just hope Robben and the other veterans won't decline rapidly......

Well, that escalated quicky....2018 will be difficult as well if we play like this. We are in a group with France, Sweden, Bulgaria, Belarus and Luxembourg. Blind will stay on as a manager, so I hope some players step it up big time......

Jesse1509

^ There should be better options indeed. Koeman would be nice, although it is doubtful he'd take the job. Cocu or De Boer would probably do a better job too, even though they're relatively inexperienced. Van Gaal would be perfect, but he won't take it either, probably. A foreign manager might work too. But yeah, the president of the KNVB (Dutch FA) announced after the match that Blind will stay on, sadly. I suppose this is both a financial choice (sacking another manager and his staff would cost a lot of money) and a selfish choice (sacking two managers in a couple of months wouldn't help the position of the KNVB president). Blind has made a fool of himself and the team, and he should be sacked in my opinion. However, Blind himself blames the results on Hiddink, basically, and says he stepped in at a bad moment. With Hiddink as a manager, we were still 3rd in the group, but now we ended in the 4th position, losing 3 out of 4 crucial games and trailing Turkey by a massive 5 points. Keeping Blind on is ludicrous.

khaled_a_d

The way KNVB handling things I would have expected them to sign Rijkaard or Van Basten back
Any way ,dark times awaiting for this team tbh . the players that carried the team is really old and tbh they should start over .Huntelaar,RVP,Sneijder and even Robben are too old now .probably only the later should be counted on for the future and may be Sneijdar
The new generation isn't that good tbh .I am not really sure if any of those guy has a chance of becoming a superstar who can carry the team

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
tumblr_lizhnpGV4R1qawsswo1_500.gif

Is the answer

Barcafan 2304

Sad to see in a way. They really have fallen from grace. The psychological impact of losing the wc final in 2010 can't be underestimated either. Been on a downward curve since

khaled_a_d

^^^^They have ended 3rd in last world cup ,losing SF with penalties
They just don't have the star power anymore .there is no Kluivert/Bergkamp/Robben/Sneijder in this team anymore
Doesn't seem there a one in the horizon either

Galning

Their squad just isn't good. Besides the old world class players like Robben & Van Persie, all of the youngsters they have like Depay are insanely overrated. Just look at their line-up, weakest Dutch team I've seen. They should still qualify for a EURO though, especially now if third place has a chance of going through.

Home of Barca Fans