Sweden

Trillske

No fun result, but im less worried about the future now. Loads of individual misstakes.. very few players where actually good on an individual level, but the team performance wasnt bad, not at all. The swedish team tonight would have beaten the swedish team this weekend by 10-0, sleeping through second half.

Despite the misstakes they even gave it a real game. With that said of course the English victory was well deserved. Im really impressed by the way they´ve been playing, primeraly their defence. Tacticaly solid and physicaly strong. Its only exhibitions right now, but if they keep it up I might even join the hype for once. Last three tournaments (atleast) have been won by defence rather than offence.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Shame we didn't really test their defense, though. We only created a single "real" goal-scoring opportunity from open play, and that was in injury time. Toivonen looked like he lacked confidence, Elmander can't move sideways and Ibra was completely invisible. "Chippen" Willhelmsson breaks the norm and should play more, but he's too weak and lacks end product. Bajrami did well in his short time on the pitch.

Fiódor

And after #atthållaenstolpe I present to you... #atthållaenledning

:lol:

Always necessary in the first aid kit of Swedish supporters: a good sense of humor. But God knows it's hard sometimes. We were granted exactly 8 minutes of happiness in this tournament (52' to 55' vs Ukraine, 59' to 64' vs England) and now it's back to the usual 'i-can't-believe-it-was-that-f*ckin-close' encounters with the likes of Faroe Islands and Kazakhstan in the WC qualifiers

Feel bad for the oldies Mellberg & Svensson. They played their guts out in this game.

Trillske

Svensson was playing american fotball. I really think he hurt the English players more than Zlatan did. :lol: He looks kind of small, but they just kept flying.

Svensson is just a complete hero under the radar btw. Lagerbäck has commented he did one really big misstake in his time as manager - substituting Svensson against Källström under pressure.

Summing up Hamrens time so far, he has done one huge misstake: not playing Svensson against Ukraine.

What the hell are we supposed to do now when he retires?

Last edited:

Fiódor

I agree with this 100%. That was a huge mistake. You can't play a couple of scared doves in midfield in an opening game against the host nation.

From what i understand, Svensson has not said per se that he is retiring. Rather that he "realistically won't be able to compete with younger players" (or something like that).
And he will be missed. Not by the 'we-hate-taco' mob, but by those of us who understand the value of experience and balance in a team.

Qonny

Although I'm from Sweden, I'm normally not hyped up for the national team's games, but for tonights one, I am. Just hope so bad that Zlatan can put Cristina down to earth. I do have doubts in the overall shape of the Sweden national team though...

F

Flavia

All brazilian males I know are cheering for sweden. They want swedish girls to come to the wc :p

F

Flavia

Italy would play their 2nd kit, or sweden would. Not all nt's are following fifa's suggestion of one predominant color kits. Brazil's nt kit is the same as sweden. The problem appears when the games are played.

Home of Barca Fans