Brazil

F

Flavia

Mano is staying... Good for the other teams wanting to win the wc.

Hatem Ben Arfa

doesn't matter about the manager. it is the attitude of the players that has to change. they really have to want it, to have real desire to win and be the best, to have a good work ethic and work as hard as they can, leave everything, all their energy and effort on the pitch.

Unfortunately, I don't see any manager motivating this Brazil side like that any time soon. it is a shame because with talent they have, they could easily win a world cup or at least make the final.

I don't know if they are cowards or just lazy.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

The right coach does make a difference. Especially because mano doesn't seem able to choose the best players. He has no idea what he's doing. The best example is how he took Hulk to the olympics, as a 23+ player. And after sticking with him, put alex sandro to play on the semi final. And that player did a bad job, but mano chose him to play on the final as well. Or the gks he chose, gabriel and neto. Brazil didn't play exactly a good olympics. Suffered goals in almost every game. His statistics as the coach are also bad, he's not doing a good job. There are many good and great players, but he has no real team yet, and I doubt he'll manage to do it.

M

mitkoa7x

It would be comical if they chose to keep him after the fail at the Olympics but sack him after the Confederations cup :lol:

F

Flavia

Brazil vs south africa is at sao paulo, and it's so funny. A lot of booing during the game, as brazil is playing so badly. Also to mano, whenever he stood up to talk to the players. And now a big boo when the 1st half ended. If this game is a draw, maybe mano will lose his job.

Blue Demon

I noticed the booing after the first half. Is the fact they already in the WC as hosts have an effect to their play? The sense of competition is gone; they might begin to rev up once the WC is around the corner. But if Mano continues like this I think he is gone.

89Norcal

I noticed the booing after the first half. Is the fact they already in the WC as hosts have an effect to their play? The sense of competition is gone; they might begin to rev up once the WC is around the corner. But if Mano continues like this I think he is gone.

The last 3 World Cups, they have performed contrary to the expectations surrounding them (prior to the tournament starting).

In 2002, Brazil were behind France, Argentina, and Germany as favorites, yet they won and put in a solid performance in the final. In 2006 and 2010 they were THE favorites to win, but in 2006 they were knocked out after an appalling game vs France. 2010 might have been a little unlucky but being that they are Brazil, they are under such a massive amount of pressure.

Right now, there doesn't seem to be much faith in the current squad especially after the Olympics. In that case I some would back them to do well :) but they are playing on their home turf. Can't imagine the scrutiny the squad and staff will get in the next 16 months.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Brazil have sacked manager Mano Menezes following discussions about his future.

The hot favourite to replace Menezes is Luis Felipe Scolari, recently of Palmeiras, with Corinthians manager Tite also under consideration.

Scolari has managed Brazil before, leading them to World Cup victory in 2002.

It is thought an appointment will be made quickly, with Brazil hosting the Confederations Cup in just six months time, and the 2014 World Cup just a year later.

B

beautifulgame

I've had my fingers crossed for Tite since Mano's game against Argentina in the summer.

F

Flavia

Finally. But felipao is just as bad as mano. The team he was coaching on the brasileirão got relegated to serie b. I'm hoping for Muricy ramalho, Santos' coach.

Ursegor

World Champion
What about :pep:? He wins the WC with Brazil and returns to Barcelona in 2014 / 2015 with Neymar in his bag. :wub: #Jadentheman

F

Flavia

What about :pep:? He wins the WC with Brazil and returns to Barcelona in 2014 / 2015 with Neymar in his bag. :wub: #Jadentheman
Pep... That'd be perfect. Too good to become true, though. I doubt he'd take it.

B

beautifulgame

Finally. But felipao is just as bad as mano. The team he was coaching on the brasileirão got relegated to serie b. I'm hoping for Muricy ramalho, Santos' coach.

I think Tite is much more tactically astute. What say you?

Home of Barca Fans