Brazil

jairzinho

This will most likely be Tite's default IX for the WC.

Alisson--Danilo--Thiago Silva--Miranda--Marcelo--Paulinho--Casemiro--Coutinho--Willian--Gabriel Jesus--Neymar

PhilS

That ref needs to be sent home, never get another international game. Brazil is the type of team that needs to have a referee on the field. I want to watch football, not thuggery.

Sorin

Douglas Costa and Firminho are 2 levels above Willian and Jesus. Tite almost as embarrassing as Sampaoli.

Tiny Kim

Tite should start Firmino as the excellent ball-winning false 9 that he is next game, so that Neymar can have all the space he wants up front. But of course I'm 99% sure it'll be Jesus up front yet again.

ManusXavi

This bit of writing I have done could be a bit like my dad trying to look good as he dances at my wedding but heres goes:

Brazil are successfully cooking a Masterchef dish at the World Cup in 2018. The same meal that should have been served in 2014 might be good enough for the judges in 2018.

Back in 2014 World Cup with some stupid squad defensive decisions, they have completely messed up the dish with Gustavo, Dante (how did he get picked?) and overated David Luis.
For 2018 They couldn't cook a new dish. There were no up and coming defensive players, they had to just look at the clock and hope luck would go their way. I was not confident.
I can report that dish 'is' still good in 2018. It is not as well cooked as it would have been in 2014 because now the players are in their 30's.
2018: Miranda is aged 33 - Atletico Madrid defender when Atletico made the 2014 Champions League final and won the Spanish League. He was omitted from the 2014 Squad. He is still playing well and is the starting centreback.
Marquinhos (age 24) - The young star had a wonderful first season in 2014 and should have started against Germany after Thiago Silva's injury because the leadership should have been there from Atletico pair Miranda and Filipe Luis. But according to coach Scolari (or as I like to call him, the stupid scone) he wasn't old enough to be placed into a World Cup semi-final. This time he is available on the Substitutes bench.
Filipe Luis (aged 32) - Mirandas buddy. Goes together like Cheese and Vegemite. He is here this time and a wonderful substitute for Brazil if they need to be more defensive.

But of course with time running out a key ingredient is at the World Cup 2018, but not in good shape and probably won't be served to the judges. Fernandinho was stunning for Manchester City in 2014. Now he is 33, and not so good. He will remain on the subs bench. but another two ingredients have been added to the dish to keep it wonderful.
Casemiro and Paulinho are both defensive midfielders who are complimenting the dish. Two flavours that are vital to the dishes success in 2018. More vital because the Defenders are older in 2018.
If the Judges don't like those two flavours added to the dish then the dish is in serious trouble.
The Round of 16 is here. Brazil could go the whole distance. We shall shall see what the judges say.

Home of Barca Fans