Brazil

Truthist

One look at their midfield and you wonder what all the fuss is about. Paulinho, Fernandinho and Casemiro, really? Clearly they are just gonna bore the opposition out and hope the boys up front do the damage.

JamDav1982

One look at their midfield and you wonder what all the fuss is about. Paulinho, Fernandinho and Casemiro, really? Clearly they are just gonna bore the opposition out and hope the boys up front do the damage.

None of the favourites look all that impressive or as complete as top teams from the past.

Thats why I think Argentina have a better chance than many on here seem to think.

Wallace

Brazil used a lot of Marcelo and Daniel ALves into the defensive field. Now with Dani's ausence, he left Marcelo alone. Fred needs to be a starter urgently. And Paulinho is one less in the field, One more world cup with that embarrassment making anger.

My team:
Alisson
Marquinhos-Thiago Silva-Miranda-Marcelo
Fred-Casemiro
William-Coutinho-Neymar
Gabriel Jesus

BBZ8800

Missed the match. How did Croatia look?

I am dissapointed. Without Mandzukic the attack was invisible. Kramaric alone against 4 strong defenders. Rebic horrible as a Rw.
Croatia couldn't create anything through a possession game, Brazil was better.
And yet, a plan B with some crosses and long balls (when you can't dominate the opponent on the ground) didn't work without Mandzukic to win some arial battles. Kramaric was like a lost kid between 4 strong Brasilian defenders.

But since a Brasilian team is quite strong, maybe Croatia will impose their possession game against weaker teams.
Imo, Mandzukic and Pjaca will need to play. Or at least Pjaca. Other players didn't have any attacking ideas today.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

BBZ must have loved that midfield Brazil started today

Croatia couldn't create anything.
Even though, I am for a mix of technical players and physical players=balance.
If you have only technique, you will suffer eventually against physical&technical teams (Juve, Psg, AM etc).
If you have only physique, you will suffer against top technical teams (Barca, City, Real etc).

So, a current Brazil's midfield is not exactly my vision of football either.

Joan

I am dissapointed. Without Mandzukic the attack was invisible. Kramaric alone against 4 strong defenders. Rebic horrible as a Rw.
And yet, a plan B with some crosses and long balls (when you can't dominate the opponent on the ground) didn't work without Mandzukic to win some arial battles. Kramaric was like a lost kid between 4 strong Brasilian defenders.

But since a Brasilian team is quite strong, maybe Croatia will impose their possession game against weaker teams.
Imo, Mandzukic and Pjaca will need to play. Or at least Pjaca. Other players didn't have any attacking ideas today.

It felt like attack wasn't there. Kramarić is a nice kid, but he shouldn't be starting. If he does, not as the main striker. To be frank, Rebić was disappointing. Doesn't strike me as a bright kid, every time he had the ball he would just run straight into their player and lose it in the end. He tries hard and fights but it doesn't seem to work.

But neither of them is an experienced guy who's supposed to step up. Perišić was underwhelming. When he's off, he's a player less on the pitch. Pretty much, very poor up front. People often don't want Mandžukić but he seems to be our best option.

That said, there was no possession game really. With a midfield of Modrić, Rakitić and Badelj they should be able to keep the ball vs. Brazil's 'thugs', but there wasn't midfield play on either side. Honestly, seems like there's no plan again, no chemistry and no right mentality.

Won't bother with defense :

Last edited:

dakt

We are clueless in the front. It's been God knows how long since we had one quality attacker. But yeah, Brazil is just better in every aspect there's just no going around that without the dose of luck and extra physicality.

JerseyAddict

We are clueless in the front. It's been God knows how long since we had one quality attacker. But yeah, Brazil is just better in every aspect there's just no going around that without the dose of luck and extra physicality.

We were clueless in the front cause all the attacks were thrue Rebić. Because Vida played on left back instead on CB position. Brazil detected this and we were easely put to "sleep".

When Neyboy came in he immediately detonated their attack and Croatian defenders were just looking at him while he tore up defense and golazo-ed the keeper.

Home of Barca Fans