Brazil

BrazilFan

Tardelli despite playing in China wasn't an issue for me. He actually deserve it for prior play. Shouldn't start anymore as Firmino is better though.

Everton Riberio though I don't know what Dunga was thinking with that. Once he moved to the Middle East he should of been blacklisted. Robinho is equally useless. I didn't like the Douglas costa call either but he shut me up yesterday.

Truthist

Tardelli despite playing in China wasn't an issue for me. He actually deserve it for prior play. Shouldn't start anymore as Firmino is better though.

Everton Riberio though I don't know what Dunga was thinking with that. Once he moved to the Middle East he should of been blacklisted. Robinho is equally useless. I didn't like the Douglas costa call either but he shut me up yesterday.

Seriously playing in China isn't an issue to you? Surely the competition can't be at the required standard for an elite international?

Robinho was/is useless - he's only in because he's an old favourite.

At least half a dozen players in that squad should not be representing Brazil judging by their body of work.

BrazilFan

Seriously playing in China isn't an issue to you? Surely the competition can't be at the required standard for an elite international?

Robinho was/is useless - he's only in because he's an old favourite.

At least half a dozen players in that squad should not be representing Brazil judging by their body of work.

Tardelli leaving Brazil to play in Asia is an issue for me but on the same token in the past we had Dunga and Sampaio as starters and both were playing in Asia. I don't have an issue with him getting a Copa spot though b/c his work prior too has been good enough and he is a short term option.

If everybody was healthy, IMO only Robinho, Douglas Costa and Everton Riberio (shouldn't have been on the reserve list) shouldn't have been there. I would have given those spot to Lucas Moura and Felipe Anderson. Lucas Lima would of been on my reserve list.

Truthist

Neymar needs to be stripped off the captaincy. He has the maturity of a 13 year old and it's embarrassing watching his behaviour.

He's going to cause a mass brawl where somebody is going to get GBH'D soon if this carries on.

Last edited:

BrazilFan

He should of never gotten it in the first place. Yes, Thiago displayed poor leadership in the WC but Neymar was 10X worst with his behavior against Colombia. If Conmebol gave him a lengthy ban, I wouldn't actually opposed that how upsetting I found his behavior to be.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It seem like Brazilians have Neymar as captain as default because no other player in their lineup is a guaranteed starter. Only one could be Thiago Silva, but they seem pretty pissed off at him 'crying like an infant' after the penalty shoot-out vs Chile.

Btw, The refs and CONMEBOL have a responsibility here. I don't give a shit about your "culture"(your culture is not allowing players to potentially get seriously injured), but if the refs dont start acting then this will lead to something serious. This has happened in every game so far. Players allowed to be hench men without the ref doing anything about it.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

It seem like Brazilians have Neymar as captain as default because no other player in their lineup is a guaranteed starter. Only one could be Thiago Silva, but they seem pretty pissed off at him 'crying like an infant' after the penalty shoot-out vs Chile.

Btw, The refs and CONMEBOL have a responsibility here. I don't give a shit about your "culture"(your culture is not allowing players to potentially get seriously injured), but if the refs dont start acting then this will lead to something serious. This has happened in every game so far. Players allowed to be hench men without the ref doing anything about it.

Back when dunga chose Neymar, it was weird. No one understood... I think it had to do with Dunga bashing Neymar in public. I'm not entirely sure it was dunga's decision either.

And the refereeing have indeed been abysmal. Not only about allowing fouls, it's been a general mess.

DonAK

Back when dunga chose Neymar, it was weird. No one understood... I think it had to do with Dunga bashing Neymar in public. I'm not entirely sure it was dunga's decision either.

And the refereeing have indeed been abysmal. Not only about allowing fouls, it's been a general mess.

Yeah so was I.

Maybe they should have just let Thiago Silva keep it. Fernandinho could be another option if he is a regular starter.

BrazilFan

The refs have been terrible with how they just letting them play at the same token. No one else have acted like Neymar has. One play in particular that really pissed me off was he has the ball and he moving back towards midfield (why??, your goal is the other way) and he get disposed and just stands that like the ref should of called a foul when they took the ball clean.

BrazilFan

Dunga was very critical of Thiago leadership in the WC. Him crying like a baby and refusing to take a PK didn't do him any favors. While Neymar had the most pressure and responsibility and he responded that what I thought Dunga based his decision on.

DonAK

The refs have been terrible with how they just letting them play at the same token. No one else have acted like Neymar has. One play in particular that really pissed me off was he has the ball and he moving back towards midfield (why??, your goal is the other way) and he get disposed and just stands that like the ref should of called a foul when they took the ball clean.

Not justifying what Neymar did, but the refs have been terrible. These are only group stage games, what do you think will happen in a QF or SF with something big on stake and the refs allowing players to go at eachother and not intervening?

F

Flavia

Not justifying what Neymar did, but the refs have been terrible. These are only group stage games, what do you think will happen in a QF or SF with something big on stake and the refs allowing players to go at eachother and not intervening?

Someone getting injured. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

BrazilFan

Brazil are pretty much screwed and I ain't even mad about it. don't think Dunga will have the same luck like he did in 07 when he won with Julio Baptista and Vagner love.

Home of Barca Fans