Brazil

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
well if you look at brazil title wins, pretty boys are not in our history. I dont remember ever seeing romario/ronaldo ever crys before games like ney does. I think it exposes us a weak to other teams, and a tough team like germany came out and took advantage of that.

Do you think not wearing caps or slippers would have helped Brazil though?

C

cbfpaulinho4

That was not why germany beat brazil 7-1. They just were vastly superior. Losing to holland in the following game just showed that. The team by scolari was weak.
And Romario was a party boy, he used to escape from the nt hotels to party. Dunga would never call a player like him.

Also, did you forget ronaldo's big meltdown in 1998?

please, this team was finished the moment neymar was injured by zuniga. Did you not see how emotional the team was before the germany game? scolari built a soft mentally team and proved it by bringing in a physchologist to help the players lol.... Your grasping at straws comparing the two, big difference between partying and being soft letting teams get the upper hand on you before the game even starts. Germany vastly superior? then please tell me why algeria nearly beat them and they could not even score 1 goal in full time against algeria? 7 goals means something seriously wrong with this team and if you want to ignore that up to you but some see it for it was. Whats ronaldo getting sick have to do with any of this? not something anyone could control..

F

Flavia

please, this team was finished the moment neymar was injured by zuniga. Did you not see how emotional the team was before the germany game? scolari built a soft mentally team and proved it by bringing in a physchologist to help the players lol.... Your grasping at straws comparing the two, big difference between partying and being soft letting teams get the upper hand on you before the game even starts. Germany vastly superior? then please tell me why algeria nearly beat them and they could not even score 1 goal in full time against algeria? 7 goals means something seriously wrong with this team and if you want to ignore that up to you but some see it for it was. Whats ronaldo getting sick have to do with any of this? not something anyone could control..

the team was finished from the beginning. Did you miss the game vs chile?
Having a pshychologist is always a good thing, that wasnt one of the problems.
Germany has a vastly superior team to brazil. You're blind if you think otherwise. Matches like the one vs algeria happen. But they have a better gk, defense, midfield, and attack. No brazilian players would get in their starting 11, bar Neymar.

ronaldo didn't get sick, he had a nervous breakdown, and it affected the entire team as well.

C

cbfpaulinho4

the team was finished from the beginning. Did you miss the game vs chile?
Having a pshychologist is always a good thing, that wasnt one of the problems.
Germany has a vastly superior team to brazil. You're blind if you think otherwise. Matches like the one vs algeria happen. But they have a better gk, defense, midfield, and attack. No brazilian players would get in their starting 11, bar Neymar.

ronaldo didn't get sick, he had a nervous breakdown, and it affected the entire team as well.

From an article on espn

The official line from the CBF and the few players who have ever discussed what happened in the hours leading up to the 1998 World Cup final is that Ronaldo, feeling considerable pressure, got sick and, just 40 minutes prior to kick-off, pronounced himself fit to play.

But there have been unanswered

Nope, you're wrong.

F

Flavia

From an article on espn

Nope, you're wrong.

No, I'm not. It's even in your quote :lol:

"is that Ronaldo, feeling considerable pressure,got sick"

The "got sick" is just a term. He wasn't sick, he broke down from the pressure. Or you can say he got sick because of his nerves.

I saw a documentary about it, on espn too. With interviews from the players, including ronaldo and the cbf doctors. There was no medical reason for his seizures. None. It was a nervous breakdown. That's why he started that final.

CuleLife4Life

Brazil had no chance of winning the World Cup. I tried to fool myself into thinking they could in the beginning, a bit of Scolari logic I guess, but there was no way we were going through after Neymar was injured and Thiago Silva lost his mind and got a yellow. Just never thought it would be a goleada.

BrazilFan

Germany was superior but the pressure was too much to cope with and that played a role in how things unfolded. Scolari didn't help things with his tactics and stubbornness.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Look at the bright side, atleast it looks like Dunga want to build a team with competent players, even though he himself as the manager might not be upto par.

C

cbfpaulinho4

No, I'm not. It's even in your quote :lol:

"is that Ronaldo, feeling considerable pressure,got sick"

The "got sick" is just a term. He wasn't sick, he broke down from the pressure. Or you can say he got sick because of his nerves.

I saw a documentary about it, on espn too. With interviews from the players, including ronaldo and the cbf doctors. There was no medical reason for his seizures. None. It was a nervous breakdown. That's why he started that final.

lol, the one who cant ever be wrong wins again...

F

Flavia

lol, the one who cant ever be wrong wins again...

You are very badly informed about the brazil nt, especially its history. That's not my fault. You didn't even know what cbf was, remember? You should try to find the espn documentary about ronaldo's problem in 1998.

CuleLife4Life

I'm not sure whether his extremely rigid tactics will bear any fruits, especially with the set of players he has at his disposal but lets see.

I will rejoice when Brazil stops playing with 2 DMs in the midfield and after the Japan game, Dunga hinted at liking the formation he played once Elias came off. He also stated that the reason he brought on Luiz Adriano, a striker, was to have a different option during the game.People may hate Dunga but I truly believe the guy has changed. Is he now an amazing manager? I highly doubt it. Is he still a burro? Maybe lol. But at least he is acknowledging, in a discrete manner, he fucked some things up last go around and is trying to do better.

BrazilFan

The last time Dunga was the coach, we played with two defensive midfielders. I don't categorize the likes of Ramires, Paulinho or Elias as DM's. There more workhorses, more box-box midfielders. Luis Gustavo is a true DM though. Brazil in general need to develop more technical midfielders in the mold of Xabi Alonso, Kroos, Modric, Pirlo, Xavi or Schweinsteiger.

There is only so much a coach can do if you best midfielders are workhorses.

Home of Barca Fans