Brazil

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Not good news, as the new coach will be Felipao, and he is one outdated coach.

Terrible choice, the game has passed him by.

Reminds me of the series of disasters that started when Argentina brought Coco Basile back. But at least Scolari isn't an alcoholic.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

What makes you certain that it'll be Scolari?

Braga, Tite and Muricy are good choices in my opinion.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Vickery had an article recently that highlighted how out of touch the CBF remains...shame, Brasil deserve better

F

Flavia

Felipao will be confirmed tomorrow morning :facepalm:

He can get lucky during the wc, but there are so many better names ahead of him. The team he coached this year, one of Sao paulo's top 4, SE Palmeiras, got relegated to serie B.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Luiz Felipe Scolari has been installed as head coach of Brazil for a second time.

The 64-year-old, who engineered Brazil's 2002 World Cup success, has been named as the successor to Mano Menezes, who was sacked last week.
Scolari will be assisted by Carlos Alberto Parreira, who led Brazil to their fourth world title in 1994, after he was named as technical director.

Will his appointment go down well over there?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Parreira is also involved? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!12

barcanuck

It's two coaches basically, I applaud Brasil for this. They are trying to do everything possible not fail at home.

F

Flavia

It's two coaches basically, I applaud Brasil for this. They are trying to do everything possible not fail at home.
Felipao is a kind of rude man, who will not tolerate Parreira trying to meddle with his decisions. Parreira will be just his "secretary" or something on these lines. And as Parreira is more of a gentle kind of person, he wont confront felipao. It's an alpha/beta-male couple.

barcanuck

Might work since clearly having just one of them would not put them over the top. Brasil needs to be in the final at the very least on their own turf.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Two coaches with a deep history with the NT is always a bad idea. Expect a major conflict of opinions and decisions between them.

F

Flavia

Might work since clearly having just one of them would not put them over the top. Brasil needs to be in the final at the very least on their own turf.
Parreira was the coach in 2006, one of the biggest fiascos for a brazil nt. He was the coach on 94 as well, but as Felipao, he is outdated. They can even get lucky and win the wc. But cbf missed a great oportunity to make the football played by the nt improve and grow. If the coach had to be brazilian, Tite or Muricy would be much better options. This is going backwards, trying to live on past glories.

Beast

The Observer
Perriera too ? didn't notice that ?

I guess they want to repeat the Mario Zagallo - Perriera combo

anyhow i expect Brazil Midfield in the 2014 WC to be as follow

Maicon-----Juan---------Lucio----------Santos
---------Ze Roberto------Gilberto Silva
=====Kaka-------Ronaldinho------Robinho
=========Adriano--------

With Vagnar Love/Fred/Luis Fabiano etc as a replacement for Adriano

Home of Barca Fans