Brazil

Truthist

Marcelo came on as a late substitute and played the extra time on the CL final. Atheltico Madrid gave up attacking by then but I do agree about his chemistry with Neymar.

I agree about Alves but its sad that people like him and Maicon get countless chances yet players like Rafael don't. Every performance of theirs gets scrutinised negatively.

I like Fernandinho and would personally start him ahead of Paulinho. He has been exceptional for Man City this season.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BrazilFan

I agree about Alves but its sad that people like him and Maicon get countless chances yet players like Rafael don't. Every performance of theirs gets scrutinised negatively.

IMO, Rafael is not a superior player to Maicon and Daniel Alves yet and he's a bit of a hot head. In saying that, he did deserve a looked at and need to be forgiven for the Olympic final.

Truthist

IMO, Rafael is not a superior player to Maicon and Daniel Alves yet and he's a bit of a hot head. In saying that, he did deserve a looked at and need to be forgiven for the Olympic final.

Yes he is reckless but he's very quick and at least he tries to defend unlike Alves.

Truthist

I hope Scolari makes some changes in the next game although I think he's too stubborn to do so. I think he needs to bring in Maicon for Alves, Fernandinho for Paulinho and Willian for Hulk.

BrazilFan

Hulk might miss out b/c of injury. Report says Scolari might opt for Ramires and I actually don't like that idea but it would give us more cover in midfield. Paulinho won't be change yet cause that can ruin a player confidence to just bench him after one game.

Truthist

Hulk might miss out b/c of injury. Report says Scolari might opt for Ramires and I actually don't like that idea but it would give us more cover in midfield. Paulinho won't be change yet cause that can ruin a player confidence to just bench him after one game.
Oh please no Ramires, the guy has very little technical ability and nowadays resorts to fouling. The media want Willian, typical Scolari stubbornness won't pick him even though it's clear as day he's the best option in the squad.I

Rio Ferdinand watched the game with Rafael and Fabio and even he cannot understand the logic of playing Paulinho. He's not a creator nor a destroy, what does he bring to the table.

I fear for this Brazil side actually, the burden of creativity is too heavily on Neymar and Oscar. He plays that many defensive players but still the defence is looking very vulnerable.

BrazilFan

I prefer Willian as well and I don't know why he didn't play the last game since Scolari has been singing his praises in training. I even wouldn't mind a system switch so we can incorporate Hernanes in the starting eleven.

Paulinho is box-box. To be fair, he hasn't played bad for Brazil overall. The Croatia game was the worst game I seen from him. He usually marks well and add a scoring threat from midfield but his passing is limited. Another bad game from him can see Fernandinho take his spot. We can't put Hernanes in that position as we already have 2 very attack minded fullbacks so we would end up giving up too much space.

Hulk and Alves IMO are on borrowed time especially Alves. He should of been benched long time ago.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

Calm down. Paulinho earned spot, no reason to lift him yet. Fernandinho isn't great.

Ramires is just fine technically or should I replay his chip of Valdes?

William would be fine cover.

Brazil's only problem really is marking at the wide backs position and dani Alves giving away the ball without support which is ridiculous at times how suicidal it is. I agree with someone here that would really consider maicon there if dani doesn't own up to that shit which I don't see him doing as he has been doing it for too long. Its hard for me to believe a coach like Scolari isn't well aware of this and hasn't busted Dani's ass about it.

Last edited:

BrazilFan

We also have trouble transitioning from defense to attack and that has been a problem for the past 2 years. We either resort to too much long balls or Neymar and Oscar have to come deep just to get the ball.

Truthist

Calm down. Paulinho earned spot, no reason to lift him yet. Fernandinho isn't great.

Ramires is just fine technically or should I replay his chip of Valdes?

William would be fine cover.

Brazil's only problem really is marking at the wide backs position and dani Alves giving away the ball without support which is ridiculous at times how suicidal it is. I agree with someone here that would really consider maicon there if dani doesn't own up to that shit which I don't see him doing as he has been doing it for too long. Its hard for me to believe a coach like Scolari isn't well aware of this and hasn't busted Dani's ass about it.
I get the privilege of watching Ramires, Paulinho and Fernandinho week in and week out in the EPL. Fernandinho has been by some distance the best. Paulinho was dropped quite harshly by Sherwood but on the whole has been below average.

Ramires has been rubbish IMO. His tackling is reckless, he's technically inferior to 3rd rate English midfielders and his general play is rather poor. One good game against Barca many moons ago shouldn't warrant a place.

If the selection was based on club form like everywhere else he would be nowhere near the side.

JamDav1982

I get the privilege of watching Ramires, Paulinho and Fernandinho week in and week out in the EPL. Fernandinho has been by some distance the best. Paulinho was dropped quite harshly by Sherwood but on the whole has been below average.

Ramires has been rubbish IMO. His tackling is reckless, he's technically inferior to 3rd rate English midfielders and his general play is rather poor. One good game against Barca many moons ago shouldn't warrant a place.

If the selection was based on club form like everywhere else he would be nowhere near the side.

I get the privilege of watching Ramires, Paulinho and Fernandinho week in and week out in the EPL

You for real?

Truthist

Brazil were poor again. Clearly this isn't working, he really needs to give Willian a chance and perhaps Fernandinho or Hernanes for Paulinho. Also, Fred is totally off too.

Home of Barca Fans