Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Croatia

The Preacher
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Croatia

Discuss here anything regarding Croatian National team.

They are playing today against Romania. Discuss the match here.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King Jr.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx for the thread Mirko.
    We lost our captain Niko Kovac who retired from international football. He never was an outstanding player. Played for many clubs in Bundesliga, even Bayern, and lately decided to spend his last few seasons in Austria.
    As I said he never was a great player, but when he played for Croatia he was probably one of the best DM`s I`ve ever seen. Always gave more than he could and was a leader of the team. I`d even rate him as a better captain than Zvonimir Boban.
    His brother, inherited the captains armband, but he`s on his way out also. Signed for Dinamo Zagreb recently, to end his playing days.
    That left us with Srna - a problematic figure in my eyes. A good player but not worthy to be captain imo.

Coach Bilic introduced a new player to replace Niko Kovac - 33.y.o. Ivan Juric who plays some good football in high flying Genoa this season. I wonder, whats the use of playing him at this age while at the same time we have a good option for DM in Vukojevic - one of the best player in Dinamo Kiev.

Thats about it on current events in Croatian national team. We will be fielding our best team in Bucharest .

-------------Pletikosa
    Corluka--Krizanac--Simunic--Pranjic
    ----------Modric---Juric
    -Srna---------------------Rakitic-
    ----------Petric----Olic

Romania, as I gather, will miss Mutu who is injured.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romania - Croatia 1-2 FT

I`ll post some match comments later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great comeback of EDUARDO,first match after a 1 year and assist,great

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was something. First match and such a quality performance.
    We`ll definitely be much stronger with him.

One disappointment was Juric. I don`t know what`s the use of testing a 33 y.o. when you have plenty of good players in that position

Ono.
    I think Juric needs to be given some more time to adjust...I personally didn't expect a great performance from him considering the situation...It's hard to jump into Niko's boots

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was ok, but thats not the point. Vukojevic is in his rank so why not taking someone younger, who can feature in more than one qualy cyclus

Tryin` to be hated
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sertic decided to play for Croatia...
    Sex, drugs and rock `n roll
    Speed, weed and birth control
    Life is a bitch and then you die
    So fu*k the world and lets get high.
    Not original.!.
    GP&AI fan

NeSaVlaDiV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ I'm not sure about that.. he got an invitation from the French young team as I heard. I believe they are doing this just to keep him from playing for Croatia in future.

And what is with Kranjcar? is he fit?

next game is vs. out 2nd place group stages biggest threat, Ukraine.. Shevchenko & co. will be a tough match..
    But if we dont want them to accompany England to the World Cup, we better give them our best shot!
    We have a great team and a great coach and I hope we can make it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Croatian National Team Aka Socceroos Mark II

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iniesta View Post
    Croatian National Team Aka Socceroos Mark II
    We practically laughed his ass out of Zagreb. Such a shame, he became a good striker for Australia. Had we not had Suker, Boksic and co.. I`m sure he would have gotten a call up from us.

Our former captain Niko Kovac said goodbye yesterday. Former Barca player, Marc Van Bommel was also there

If Carlsberg did forum members
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you have to get beat 4-1 by England ?

God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

Anxiously waiting for the next match
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am big fan of modric i would take him for Barça anyday a swap for hleb plus 4 mill
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

!!Visca Barça!! !!Visca Catalunya!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red card (or cards, can`t remember), Capello, players thinking too much of themselves, underestimated England`s desire for revenge. And.. Maksimir had to fall once. We hadn`t lost a game there over 15 years.
    Capello is doing a great job. After all the hype in previous years, it`s safe to say that England are a top team European team now. I`d only rate Spain as better.

cardigan
    a really really strong national team but weren't able to beat my country (Turkey) in EURO 08. i think they will be better with the comeback of Eduardo, they have great players like modric, corluka, kovac, srna, krancjar, rakitic, olic, petric... they are all superstars !! and they have an ambitious manager too...