England

Catalan Fan

The worry will be that Roy takes a few players who are not match fit going into the tournament.Rooney and Wilshire spring to mind.I'd like to see Kane n Vardy starting all our games too.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Cikd4X-W0AAHTs1.jpg

England manager Roy Hodgson has named Manchester United's 18-year-old striker Marcus Rashford in an initial 26-man squad for Euro 2016.

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere and Newcastle United winger Andros Townsend are also called up for the tournament in France, which starts on 10 June.

But there is no place for Arsenal forward Theo Walcott or Everton defender Phil Jagielka.

The deadline for all 24 teams to submit their 23-man squads is 31 May.

Jenks

I'm guessing Rashford, Walker and Drinkwater/Townsend will be the ones culled when the squad is reduced from 26 to 23. Maybe Henderson depending on his fitness.

Darko

People on the internet complaining that Walcott should be in the squad, this fucking FIFA generation of "fans" is a joke. :lol:

impeh

Hi, its me..
CjySQCnUkAQYUbF.jpg

Manchester United's teenage striker Marcus Rashford has been named in Roy Hodgson's 23-man England squad for the 2016 European Championship in France.

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is also included, but Newcastle United's Andros Townsend and Leicester City's Danny Drinkwater both miss out.

Catalan Fan

Can anyone explain to me the thinking behind using Vardy and Kane as wingers ? The two most prolific scorers in Prem this season, both out fucking wide n Rooney in the middle ?

Plus Alli is wasted out wide too, he should play the 10 role, sorry Wayne.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[MENTION=13470]Catalan Fan[/MENTION]

Haha it's England National Team.... Where a player's reputation prevails over his value to the team

Pablo Escobar

It's a friendly so I guess they might just be testing an alternative.

But at least Vardy has speed and can be efficient on the wing?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The sending off destroyed the game. Crazy tackle. No idea what he was thinking.

That's Bruno Alves. Going all out like a fucktard.

Not the first time he's done it, and won't be the last time either.

Catalan Fan

It's a friendly so I guess they might just be testing an alternative.

But at least Vardy has speed and can be efficient on the wing?

He's a forward and much more effective playing down the middle and making darting runs in between the FB's and CB's, or if a team plays a high line he'll get behind them as well.We need to play him properly or not at all imho.Just don't see the point of playing the likes of Vardy, Kane and Alli out of position when they have been great for their clubs all season in defined roles/positions.That's where they excelled right ? That's why they were picked in the first place.

Yeah, was a friendly but I seriously don't trust Hodgson to play our form players in the right positions.

xavisionary

Based on what I've seen thus far, this is the team I would put out in the last sixteen.

Hart
Walker-Cahill-Smalling-Bertand
Henderson-Dier-Alli-Rose
Kane-Sturridge​

Criticism incoming...

Home of Barca Fans