England

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
WHy did he choose Beckham? He was fucking quality. Just because he married a spice girl, it seems his brilliant footballing ability seems to be overlooked.

Jenks

He's just wrong though, isn't he? They obviously weren't anywhere near the level of Spain's golden generation, but Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Seaman etc. in their prime were a golden generation for England. He seems to be applying the tag to the players in 2010 though, for some strange reason.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Because Beckham was the perfect man for the words he used: overhyped, overrated, and overpaid.

Overpaid, yes. But the way beckham played for united, certainly does not make him 'primadona' or whatever he called him. He was an incredibly hardworking, proffesional and technically gifted. Fairly limited, but still, he would guarentee you 15 or 20 assists a season almost.

And Beckham always gave everything for england, doesnt make sense.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He's just wrong though, isn't he? They obviously weren't anywhere near the level of Spain's golden generation, but Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Seaman etc. in their prime were a golden generation for England. He seems to be applying the tag to the players in 2010 though, for some strange reason.

None of them, except maybe Scholes, has that little extra though. From what I've heard, Gascoigne did, but he was from a different generation.

I see no one answered my point.......because, well, they can't.

I'll give you Lampard and, during a couple of superb years, Gerrard. Possibly Terry, Ferdinand and Cole too.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
My point is that those players over the past 10 seasons have performed at the highest level - the CL with their clubs. They produce it for the clubs in the CL on a consistent basis over the past 10 seasons.

The players - well that group of players - were not the problem. The system was the problem and it still is.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Former England captain John Terry has announced his retirement from international football after playing 78 times over nine years for his country.

Terry, 31, says the decision is in response to the Football Association's disciplinary charge over alleged comments to Anton Ferdinand.

The Chelsea defender was cleared at Westminster Magistrates' Court in July of racially abusing Ferdinand.

He said his FA personal hearing on Monday makes his position "untenable".

"I feel the FA, in pursuing charges against me where I have already been cleared in a court of law, have made my position with the national team untenable," he said.

Home of Barca Fans